It's a Blue Devils world...

Crown puts the audience first they would never want to insight a riot with an over the top inaccessible show. .

Insight or incite, its a jungle out there in the stands, I tell you.

• Like 1

"It's a Blue Devils world, and they just let the rest of us live in it?"

PULEAZE....I for one will pass on living in a 2nd or 3rd place, overblown, weird, esoteric and amplified mish mash goo of a "world".

Thank you.

• Like 4

Could you explain why you think Crown's show "is a blatant rip-off of BD in general?"

I don't agree with JamMan at all, but I think part of the point of his post is that he doesn't have to defend himself over thinking this way towards a certain corps b/c that's just the way he feels. I know I'm just asking for red neg's, but we don't always have to include, for example, Crown on a BD thread, or Phantom in just about every youtube comment section for a corps video that features a user's opinion of "best shows." I love Crown, they are my "hometown corps," even if they are from the lesser of Carolinas. But I can see why it would be annoying for a fan to always be questioned why they like what they like and dislike what they dislike.

And so...wafflescool.gif

• Like 3

But I can see why it would be annoying for a fan to always be questioned why they like what they like and dislike what they dislike.

That's fine as far as honest impressions on subjective aesthetics, but if accusing a corps show of being "a blatant rip-off of BD in general" is an example of the sort of thing he expects no one to ask about, that's going to look a little silly to some people. :rolleyes:/>

It is possible, just possible, that Crown 13 is using amplified voice better than Cadets 07. Much like BD 12 used it much better than BD 05. And not surprisingly, using it better results in better audience reactions.

It's also possible that Crown 13 uses some of the same design elements as BD 08-12, but uses them in a more entertaining fashion than those shows.

Rather than assuming the audience is playing some kind of four-dimensional chess with BD's designers and the Illuminati-controlled ABBD conspiracy, maybe you should conclude that they see Crown 13, and go nuts because they genuinely enjoy it. If they clap less when BD does similar things, isn't the most obvious conclusion that BD failed to be as enjoyable at those things?

Not Better, Just Different. The big difference is Crown 2004, Devils 2005, Cadets 06-08 etc... Had to face a larger mob mentality resistant to change in the activity. It's been more than 10 years. DCI has let it be known that voice, live and canned is here to stay. So,a lot of the discord has died and some have even grown to tolerate and like it out right!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 2

I do see elements of BD shows over the past few years in Crown's show this year, but Crown and BD still have completely different styles and their shows this year are as different as can be. I hate Crown's use of voice just like I did not like Cadet's use of voice in the past. I did not mind BD's use of voice last year as I felt it went with the program without being a distraction.

I hope as the summer goes by BD's show will develop and morph into something that I enjoy, because right what I see if a bit of a mess, and what I hear seems a bit disjointed.

Anyway, it looks like it is going to be a very competitive season which is always great for the activity. I am looking forward to the Minneapolis, MN show when all the corps will be together for the first time. It should be a terrific show!!!

I do see elements of BD shows over the past few years in Crown's show this year, but Crown and BD still have completely different styles and their shows this year are as different as can be. I hate Crown's use of voice just like I did not like Cadet's use of voice in the past. I did not mind BD's use of voice last year as I felt it went with the program without being a distraction.

I hope as the summer goes by BD's show will develop and morph into something that I enjoy, because right what I see if a bit of a mess, and what I hear seems a bit disjointed.

Anyway, it looks like it is going to be a very competitive season which is always great for the activity. I am looking forward to the Minneapolis, MN show when all the corps will be together for the first time. It should be a terrific show!!!

Please nullify this rumor going currently throughout the East and Midwest that there is at least one Californian designated each day to respond on this thread just so the rest of us don't forget BD while in awe of Crown.

• Like 1

I don't know how you can compare what Crown is doing this year with voice to what The Cadets were doing a few years ago. I just watched The Cadets' 2007 show last night because I wanted to hear a particular piece of music. I was almost angry that they covered up that fantastic music with that terrible narration.

Crown's use of voice this year is completely different. Not only is it not as heavy handed as what The Cadets were doing a few years ago, but the music was specifically written to have the voice integrated with it. I'm not saying you have to like the voice in Crown's show, but it is not even comparable to what The Cadets were doing a few years ago that got so many people upset.

I agree that the Blue Devils integrated their use of voice into the music quite well last year.