Muncie Martini Bar

Troop is out of theoretical Finals by 1.4 right now, AND THEY WENT ON FIRST. I'm loving this.

Good to see Troopers back in contention, great show and great new uniforms. Everything seems to fit them, and fit the direction they want to go in.

I am just here waiting on score when I saw your sig. line and wanted to say...LET'S GO PEAY

(I am APSU class of 1986)

Wife was APSU grad from 1987 and have a son on Spirit's Snare line this year

1 Madison Scouts 74.600

2 The Cavaliers 72.900

3 Spirit of Atlanta 70.800

4 Blue Stars 68.400

5 Crossmen 67.800

6 Troopers 67.000

7 Colts 63.800

Not sure I agree with Cavaliers being over Spirit ... especially not by 2.1 points. Also not sure I agree with Madison not getting at least 76.

Now watching playbacks with no hiccups and buffering. The Cavaliers have more demand in their show than Spirit. I like their show, but the drill seems weak to me and has less room to grow. Do not get me wrong, the Cavaliers could use Sly and Bruno right now. Their brass seems weak at many moments that should have more impact.

The program is better this weekend than last week. The marching and brass performance are still issues. Guard was reading much more strongly. Drums are still very good.

Anyone who thinks this won't make Finals is fooling themselves. At this point, they'll be duking it out with Madison for the 7 spot for a couple of weeks (the two corps see each other 3 or 4 times between now and the end of next weekend), and whoever opens some distance in that feud by San Antonio won't be looking back. If they both get hyped up enough, Bluecoats could find themselves leap-frogged by the pair of midwestern boy bands.

I guess I come down in the middle with the Cavs. No, they will not fail to make Finals. They are in it looks to me right now barring something really unforseen ( more holes ? )... and No, the Bluecoats have nothing to concern themselves re. the Cavs, as the Bluecoats show design itself is head and shoulders over that of the Cavs this year in my opinion, and 6 weeks is not going to change that. Cavs will be in the 9-11th spot come Finals, imo But thats not where the Cavs want to be. This is afterall, a TOC Corps that did not qualify for inclusion for this summer under the qualifyer rules previously set up, but were invited in anyway for this summer, and these scores are not where the other TOC Corps expected the Cavaliers to be... and 2 years in a row now.

• Like 3

1 Madison Scouts 74.600

2 The Cavaliers 72.900

3 Spirit of Atlanta 70.800

4 Blue Stars 68.400

5 Crossmen 67.800

6 Troopers 67.000

7 Colts 63.800

Not sure I agree with Cavaliers being over Spirit ... especially not by 2.1 points. Also not sure I agree with Madison not getting at least 76.

This is the order I had tonight, though I expected Madison to be WAY out ahead.

I may be in the minority, but I'm not exactly in love with Spirit's show. I feel like the productions are getting a bit stale and that I'm seeing version 3 of their 2011 show, and while the brass is phenomenal, I'm not sure the visual book (and overall show design) has the legs to get them any further in finals.

Wife was APSU grad from 1987 and have a son on Spirit's Snare line this year

I spent the afternoon at Spirit's rehearsal in Evansville on Wednesday then took in the show ...Looking (and sounding) good!

Troopers and Madison were quite impressive also.

Honestly... how poor Cavies are performing right now.. and how their design is still missing quite a bit (IMO) I could see quite a few corps below them jumping them. Right now their name is helping them. They are not better than Spirit, better than Blue Stars is a stretch.. and almost the same with Crossmen.. hey also have design issues. And there are still plenty of other corps in other parts of the country right now.

Do I think they miss finals??? No.. do I think they should be worried about making finals YES

• Like 1

I guess I come down in the middle with the Cavs. No, they will not fail to make Finals. They are in it looks to me right now barring something really unforseen ( more holes ? )... and No, the Bluecoats have nothing to concern themselves re. the Cavs, as the Bluecoats show design itself is head and shoulders over that of the Cavs this year in my opinion, and 6 weeks is not going to change that. Cavs will be in the 9-11th spot come Finals, imo But thats not where the Cavs want to be. This is afterall, a TOC Corps that did not qualify for inclusion for this summer under the qualifyer rules previously set up, but were invited in anyway for this summer, and these scores are not where the other TOC Corps expected the Cavaliers to be... and 2 years in a row now.

Its going to be very telling when the Cavaliers are in 7th place by 3-4 points at every TOC show this summer..

Interesting, different shows....BUT:

Madison 74.6

Phantom 73.9

Coats 73.2

Cavies 72.9

Less then 2 points separating the above corps

Then:

Spirit 70.8

Boston 69.2

Amazing the Cavies are this dirty, yet still in there. If people on this board think The Cavaliers are in danger of making finals, then Boston fans must freaking out (still haven't broke 70.0).

• Like 3

Cavies might have benefitted a bit tonight in going on like 45 minutes or so after the last performing group. No way of knowing tonight.