Mile-High Mayhem!

Cascades! I love the cymbal line, they are playing all original music, so the performers have to interpret the music without ever having heard it. Nice job by the composer, and I loved the smooth marching style.

Two thumbs up! :thumbup:/>

• Like 1

I'll be entirely honest, I was expecting a lot more out of the Cascades... drill was unreadable, not much clarity musically, no impact at all (still can't believe there are only 7 guard members). Dare I say it... I actually feel that Thunder was more fundamentally sound, cleaner and louder...

Cascades are a lot better off than I was expecting, they actually seem a little farther along than last year in my opinion...

Really cool unis! thumbup.gif

Yea really! that drum book is some really good writing. I think if they can clean it more they will jump up in placement a lot!

really liked their show!

where's the drum corps chat room link for this show!!!! we did it all last year and I lost the bookmark. help help help!

Cascades need more guard members! Why are they so tiny?? It wasn't that long ago they field full corps...

Ok snare drummers out there: Did it look like the Cascades snare line had the drums tilted a little, but not as much as old school military snares? After I thought I noticed it, I couldn't get a good look.

Or do I need to get a new set of contact lenses?

Fixed.

Thunder's website states they compete in Open Class.

I wasn't talking about Thunder, but that High Country Brass that went before them.

Cascades uniforms are cool. Would be nice to see more of them on the field though, 150 neon green plumes would look cool from up top. :thumbup:

Troopers= some of my favorite music this year!

Wow, Thunder was terrific! I wasn't expecting that! Any chance they'll be making it to finals this year? I know they haven't in a few years, but they could definitely make some noise. Their mellophone soloist was great!

27 brass, 11 guard, 15 drumline, 7 pit, 2 DM for those wondering. 62 total. In comparison, Cascades, a nearby World Class corps that is definitely going to finals, is marching 36 brass, 19 drumline, 11(?) pit, 7 guard, 2 DM, for 75 total.

This was Thunders final show of the season. They are rebuilding and being careful with their finances, I'm sure. I agree that with a few more weeks and more shows, they would have made a great contender. Just like in '08.

I'm glad they're looking towards the future and their sustainability though. I wish them much luck and continued success! :thumbup: