Am I the only one who finds it hysterical that Anderson Cooper somehow got dragged into all this? :tongue:

It's like Kevin Bacon, somehow Cooper is EVERYWHERE these days :tongue:

So perhaps you should take your own advice with respect to the 'otherwise' here?

There is no "advice" to take from it. I'm not worried about what people are saying on this thread. I'm pointing out how much of an overreaction this thread is.

• Like 1

Yet you chose to only respond to one of the people who thinks this thread is an overreaction. I see how you see it from both sides.

Only had one thing to say so why repeat it all over the place, just don't understand what you are saying.

Actually I didn't make any statements about over reaction. I was only discussing stereotypes and how they go both ways. More to the point it's dumb to make a stereotype while defending against a stereotype. To paraphrase: "South stinks" and "You only say that because Yankees put down the South".

Edited by JimF-LowBari

But, if you want someone to let you stay at their place, it's generally a good idea to be polite.

Minor point, but dont corps PAY for the ability to stay at a school? In other words, they are actually customers of a sort...in that they are offered a certain package, which they then expect (rely on for success, really), to be delivered upon? Folks are making it out that he spit in the faces of those poor souls that were giving something to him for nothing.

I could be wrong, as I've never done the admin side of a DCI tour. And I realize that there is a certain about of trust that comes from the delicate situation of letting 200+ random folks crash at your school. However...a deal is a deal, as they say.

Only had one thing to say so why repeat it all over the place, just don't understand what you are saying.

Actually I didn't make any statements about over reaction. I was only discussing stereotypes and how they go both ways. More to the point it's dumb to make a stereotype while defending against a stereotype. To paraphrase: "South stinks" and "Yankees put down the South".

What stereotype did I make?

Minor point, but dont corps PAY for the ability to stay at a school?

Yes they pay - a facilites fee and/or impact fee - set by the school system. Range anywhere from "tip the custodian" back in the old days to "hundreds of dollars" - thousands for large facilities/stadiums but drum corps tend to utilize their personal network of instructors and alumni to get the best facilities as cheaply as possible

What stereotype did I make?

OK I see the problem now.... had to go back and look.

I was agreeing with your post "So to admonish GH for the statements he made about the south, you're going to make a stereotypical statement about Northeasterners. I see how this works now. :doh: " by bringing up the G-burg comments. You didn't make any stereotype you were disagreeing with them.

Yes they pay - a facilites fee and/or impact fee - set by the school system. Range anywhere from "tip the custodian" back in the old days to "hundreds of dollars" - thousands for large facilities/stadiums but drum corps tend to utilize their personal network of instructors and alumni to get the best facilities as cheaply as possible

Of course - connections are king...in the real world and drum corps

There is no "advice" to take from it. I'm not worried about what people are saying on this thread. I'm pointing out how much of an overreaction this thread is.

OK, that requires 1 post. What is the purpose of your other 11,743 posts here if you are not overreacting to the supposed overreaction?

OK, that requires 1 post. What is the purpose of your other 11,743 posts here if you are not overreacting to the supposed overreaction?

To correct the overactions of the incorrect people that are pointing out the biased overeactions of things and stuff!

Duh.