Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

Good grief! What was he playing, a DEG?

You are correct, sir.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two "drops" during the 2002 DCI finals by the Cavvie guard - but at least they got a perfect score..............

Two drops and a perfect score??? How does THAT happen?

Yep....that's what I want to know!!! :rolleyes:

recovery and/or judge didn't see it

Not drum corps but MB. Chippewa Falls HS @ Menomonie, the rifles have this circle sweep equipment move, one of the guard members loses her rifle and it goes flying 10 yards to the endzone. When we watched the tape we rewound it and replayed it 10 times! it was so frickin' hilarious.

Hawthorn NJ show early '83 season. We (Garfield) were in our opening set ready to step off when we were counted in without having our horns up. During the count in we began shouting down the bari line "don't go, don't go". This was all fine for us execpt for the fact that the drum line, side 1 horns and colour guard started and left us standing there watching the show. The next instruction given was "go, go!" and we began running in order to catch up. This was no easy task considering that our OTL was Rocky Point. We were probably at our third set before we actually started playing.

I actually felt pity for our DM when, after coming off the field, the entire corps assembled in a tight circle with him in the middle. The silence was deafening.

LOL! Oh, wow, I've never heard this story. I can only imagine what that felt like.

And hello to a fellow Oakie! :)

Garfield had a big drum screw-up during '85 finals (Candide I think), but it didn't cost 'em the championship.

???...point that out so I can hear it, if you would (goes to grab 85 tape)

At the opening of Candide, the drum major started his count, then stopped, then started again. Only half the corps could see him, the rest were going off vocal commands that had started, but didn't stop. So part of the Corps started the song on one beat, and the rest started on the next beat. Fortunately it kinda of went with the song, so few noticed (if you listen to the tape, there is supposed to be a single beat, then a double beat at the beginning of Candide), although there were a bunch of people out of step for the first couple of measures.

Wow, here's another one I never noticed. Time to watch that tape again. . . .

It has to be BD '89, i still kinda cringe hearing that one. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the same guy have a solo in the next song??

The two "drops" during the 2002 DCI finals by the Cavvie guard - but at least they got a perfect score..............

Two drops and a perfect score??? How does THAT happen?

Yep....that's what I want to know!!! :rolleyes:

you must understand that in drum corps, there are 4 types of people, members, staff, fans, and fans that are called judges

When Garfield's horn line started going down at the end of the show, BD members who were in the end zone began cheering. Nice touch.

Speaking as one who was there...no we didn't.

I wasn't there, but I clearly remember a discussion about this on RAMD (ironically, in a thread nearly identical to this one) in which a couple of Blue Devils members admitted that they laughed and cheered when this happened: Embarrassing drum corps moments