2014 Predictions!

Of course choosing a 10 year average is an "interesting" choice considering Crown's 10 year trend...

Well, my own prediction has them repeating at first. (You saw that, right?)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Well, my own prediction has them repeating at first. (You saw that, right?)

Really? Me too (shocking I know). lol

It will be interesting to see what happens the next few seasons. Will Crown be able to put together one (or more?) back-to-back titles? Will BD drop out of the top 3? Will Bluecoats finally make a move into the top 2? Can Madison break (back) into the top 6? Who will be next "new to finals" corps?

Every dominance comes to an end. A decade ago, Cavaliers were supreme and now BD. That too will come to an end as a new corps finds the combination of design and performance consistency in excellence. It could be Crown, Cadets may hit it or SCV, who knows. The bottom of the finalists is where so much could happen (colts, troopers, crossmen, academy, etc) . Dominance deserves respect since so many variables have to hit their mark to win or even to medal consistently but a change is nice too.

Every dominance comes to an end.

Crown needs to show if they can beat The Cadevaliers again. Since 1975, The Cadevaliers fully dominate and reign supreme over 80% of the time vs the rest of the world in garnering a season's Title. While one of the Trifectas recharges, almost always one of the other two pick up the slack during that transitional stage of the other. ' Been this way since 1975. Things change a lot in DCI, but not the Titles.

Who will be next "new to finals" corps?

I think Crown was the last " new to Finals " Corps if I'm not mistaken.... over a decade ago. I'll make a risky and wild prediction that we won't see a " new to finals " Corps to make Finals for at least another decade, if ever. There, I said it.

Edited by BRASSO

1. SCV

2. Crown

3. BD

4. Cavies

5. Cadets

6. Bluecoats

7. Phantom

8. Madison

9. Boston

10.Blue Stars

11.Spirit of Atlanta

12. Blue Knights

Edited by OnMyMind

I think Crown was the last "new to Finals" corps, if I'm not mistaken... over a decade ago. I'll make a risky and wild prediction that we won't see a "new to Finals" corps for at least another decade, if ever. There, I said it.

The last "new to Finals" corps was Cascades in 2002.

Before that, to look over the just past 30 years, there were Boston Crusaders in 1999, Carolina Crown in 1995, Magic of Orlando in 1994, Glassmen and Colts in 1993, Blue Knights in 1991, Dutch Boy in 1990, Bluecoats in 1987, Star of Indiana in 1985, and Velvet Knights in 1984. See here for more.

Who will be next? My guess is Oregon Crusaders, and within five years. We'll see.

Crown needs to show if they can beat The Cadevaliers again. Since 1975, The Cadevaliers fully dominate and reign supreme over 80% of the time vs the rest of the world in garnering a season's Title. While one of the Trifectas recharges, almost always one of the other two pick up the slack during that transitional stage of the other. ' Been this way since 1975. Things change a lot in DCI, but not the Titles.

Crown is +35 wins head-to-head vs Cadevaliers in the past 5 years. And 2011 is the only year in which the Cadevaliers showed any sort of dominance.

nsMKIea.png

source : bknights.org head to head stats

Edited by corpsband