2014 Predictions!

they mean something relative to the "Cadevaliers" (which was my one and only point in posting it).

oh -- and my kid aged out! im officially unaffiliated again :-)

well looks like you need to have another. And its more of the Cadevils now. Maybe SCV can be the new old champion back in. Cadeviguard sounds cool. Marching cadavers.

• 2 weeks later...

My first post..........OMG

1-2. The Blue Devils and Carolina Crown: BD is going to be hot as always (and probably even hotter) and Crown's strong talent pool will give them a run for their money.

3-5. Bluecoats, Santa Clara Vanguard, The Cadets: The race for the bronze is going to be insane. While I'd love to put The Cadets higher, their concept hasn't wooed me. However, I have been saying this the past several years and it never fails to wow me. If SCV can pull together another magical show, who knows. The Bluecoats have been on fire, and last years show was showing signs of an even stronger corps this year. Heck, PR could sneak in, but I don't see it very likely.

6-7. Phantom Regiment and The Cavaliers: These are the ones I'd wish I didn't have to put this low. Swan Lake? Alright. As for the Cavies, they'll be rebuilding for a while. I'm not sure what their show concept is, but I hope it's something more llike 2010 and 2011, and not like the past 2 years. They just need to be themselves. I expect these two corps to fight for the upper half of the card all season.

8. Boston Crusaders: BAC will be BAC, pulling off a spectacular show with little recognition.

9-10. Madison Scouts and Blue Knights: The Scouts will win the audience, but not the judges (which I am completely okay with). BK will fight with Madison and maybe even BAC as their shows become more and more sophisticated.

11. Blue Stars: They have a ton of returning members on battery, and hopefully we'll see something like Metropolis. You never know.

12-15. Spirit of Atlanta, Troopers, Crossmen, and Colts: Along with the bronze medal, getting that last spot is going to be fun to watch. SOA will regurgitate another jazzy show which won't be half bad. The Troopers and the Colts have it in them to make a splash, and are probably due for another finals appearance. The Colts are coming off two strong years of improvement, as are the Troopers. As for the Crossmen, another sophisticated show like Fragile can easily take this spot. Maybe they'll move away from rock and pop music and start venturing into the classical side? Who knows.

Troopers in 18th? Not.

I'll side with you on that one!!!

Troopers in 18th? Not.

Troopers went from 18th in 2012 to 13th in 2013. Is it so unlikely that they could slide back to that spot?

(Asks the person who's picked them to place 10th.)

And on a side note: just for future reference, here's the redundant thread on this subject that was started and closed today.

Troopers went from 18th in 2012 to 13th in 2013. Is it so unlikely that they could slide back to that spot?

(Asks the person who's picked them to place 10th.)

And on a side note: just for future reference, here's the redundant thread on this subject that was started and closed today.

Id say it's unlikely because their staff is much better than 2012s IMO. I wish they had continued on the the road home 2011 had set (ha). I do not mind their new direction at all though

I predict one more DCP placement prediction thread merge before the first show.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Regarding Troop: It is a reasonable prediction that by all measures, they will be a better corps in 2014 than in 2013. They have more talent, and more age, in all captions. Their book, while still a crowd-pleaser as in 2013, is significantly more sophisticated in 2014. They're in their second year with the same staff. They've had record-setting attendance at offseason camps. Don't know about their visual program yet. All of that points to continued advancement in 2014.

Having said that, it's also reasonable that Troopers could drop a couple placements by August. They could be better than they were in 2013, yet they also could place lower. That's just the volatility of the range they are in. Troop will get better. And Crossmen can get better, too. And Colts. Pacific Crest.

11-15, maybe 10-15, is where the action will be. Anything can happen.

Regarding Troop: It is a reasonable prediction that by all measures, they will be a better corps in 2014 than in 2013. They have more talent, and more age, in all captions. Their book, while still a crowd-pleaser as in 2013, is significantly more sophisticated in 2014. They're in their second year with the same staff. They've had record-setting attendance at offseason camps. Don't know about their visual program yet. All of that points to continued advancement in 2014.

Love me some Troopers !. Granny, the poster on DCP here will be glad to hear this postive offseason news on them too, imo.