2014 Predictions!

Just alphabetical order.

As it's reads by group 1-5, 6-10, 11-12

9. Phantom

Interesting...don't think they'll place this low.

I thought most of the brass staff was left intact and the new percussion head has quite a reputation behind him.

Other than a new guard caption head (whom I know nothing about), they'll coming to the field with a lot of the same staff. Maybe just maybe after some of the criticism last year they'll withhold the cheese.

Who knows - maybe they're planning to use the music from Swan Lake but put a modern twist to it.......SWANADO!

Interesting...don't think they'll place this low.

I thought most of the brass staff was left intact and the new percussion head has quite a reputation behind him.

Other than a new guard caption head (whom I know nothing about), they'll coming to the field with a lot of the same staff. Maybe just maybe after some of the criticism last year they'll withhold the cheese.

Who knows - maybe they're planning to use the music from Swan Lake but put a modern twist to it.......SWANADO!

I was comparing Crown and Phantom in terms of show design and I came up with the idea that Phantom treats a subject in a way that is basically consistent with what you would expect, while Crown seems to try to do the opposite; to give you what you don't expect. Both approaches can be fine, but you probably get more buzz from a nontraditional interpretation, at least every few years. For example a modern art Swan Lake. The uniforms could be a Mondrian look but in shades of white. I don't know! :tounge2:

The tea leaves have spoken and here are the results:

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Blue Devils

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Vanguard

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Cavaliers

10. Troopers

11. Spirit

12. Crossmen

--------------------

13. Scouts

14. Blue Stars

Yes some of these do seem to be really out there so I will update these predictions once my Ouija board gets back to me.

Edited by bluesman

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Blue Devils

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Vanguard

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Cavaliers

10. Troopers

11. Spirit

12. Crossmen

--------------------

13. Scouts

14. Blue Stars

Yes some of these do seem to be really out there so I will update these predictions once my Ouija board gets back to me.

Would love an east coast rules season but too much California DNA in the judging community.

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Blue Devils

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Vanguard

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Cavaliers

10. Troopers

11. Spirit

12. Crossmen

--------------------

13. Scouts

14. Blue Stars

Scouts in 13th? As much as I love my Troopers/Spirit/Crossmen, I really can't see Madison that low.

Edit: Crown, Cadets, and Bloo I'll take.

Edited by CrownBariDad

Has there ever been a contest to pick the top 12 in order? One point off for each position out of order, or something like that?

I don't know, but I've won every Jan. to August 10 redo predictions the last decade on here... so there you go.

Edited by BRASSO

Would love an east coast rules season but too much California DNA in the judging community.

Oh, so now it's too much west coast blood in the judging community? I don't know...maybe it's me...but I think SCV and Blue Devils are just that good, CONSISTENTLY! Don't always like their programing choices but can anybody argue with their consistency? Unless I am mistaken, Blue Devils haven't been out of the top 5 in 37 years! Santa Clara, much the same. So I guess there was too much west coast blood in the judging pool back then too?

Really?

Dan

• Like 1

After listening to the NOAA atmospheric random noise radio feed using high fidelity noise-isolating headphones for 42 continuous hours, here are my scientifically generated predictions...

1. Crown
  2. Bluecoats
  3. Blue Devils
  4. Vanguard
  5. Cadets
  6. Cavies
  7. Madison
  8. Boston
  9. Phantom
  10. Blue Knights
  11. Blue Stars
  12. Crossmen