2014 Predictions!

1. Crown .. A dynasty begins

2. Santa Clara .. Will be neck and neck with Crown

3. Bluecoats .. They have some of the best brass books over the last decade

4. Scouts .. Things are well and truly turned around

5. Blue Devils .. That's right. 5th. Not a reflection on them, just everybody around them has gotten better

6. Phantom .. Same as above

7. Cadets .. Just a hunch

8. Cavaliers .. I can see them falling deep into the bottom half of Top 12 over the next decade

9. Boston .. Again, just a hunch

10. Troopers .. Should have been top 12 last season

11. Spirit of Atlanta .. Entertainers always have a place in finals

12. Blue Knights .. No reason other than I think that there will be a definite gulf between Top 12 and Semis.

Three thousand plus posts and a "Forum Support Team" member. Go to your room!

Three thousand plus posts and a "Forum Support Team" member. Go to your room!

Please tell me you are not getting worked up over somebody's pre season placement positions, no matter what they are, nor from whom. If so, go to your room ! ( haha !)

I've noticed an absence of Music City. They're back - and they had a tremendous turnout at their December camp. They made the top 25 for the first time in 2013. I wouldn't expect anything less from them in 2014.

I thought that we heard that Music City had folded up shop after completing last year? Was that info wrong or has something new happened that I missed? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, they folded. I was looking forward to a great showing for another southern corps. I guess money talks.

Yeah, they folded. I was looking forward to a great showing for another southern corps. I guess money talks.

Check the website. They say they are still accepting video applications for the 2014 season. :) They might have thought they were folding, but, from what I understand, things changed that kept them from folding. Which is great after the great season they had last year. :)

Please tell me you are not getting worked up over somebody's pre season placement positions, no matter what they are, nor from whom. If so, go to your room ! ( haha !)

Far from getting worked up B! Just was surprised that someone who has been around the block a few times, even in jest(?), would slot some of the corps the way they did.

Edited by Ghost

Haven't been on here in ages. I predict Pacific Crest will be better than everyone anticipates. They have the brass and drum staff to make things happen there. Placing 13 and 14 in drums and brass at San Antonio and then taking 13 in drums in quarters is no easy task and is definitely the highest this corps has had those subcaptions in ever. The only other higher one was their guard in 03 which I believe placed in a finals spot or close to it. I won't say this is the year they break the top 12 but they will definitely be making strides and beating corps they have yet to do so to.

Just a side note, I don't think placing Colts in front of PC in semis was correct. Going from 13 in drums to 17 the next day with a better run is just absurd and seemingly politically driven. I honestly believe that Colts should've beaten them in 2012 on semis though.

• Like 2

1: SCV

2: BD

3: CC

4: cadets

5: BC

6: MD

7: PR

8: Cavies

9: BAC

10: BK

11: PC

12: Colts

• Like 1

I predict I will spend way too much on food at Lucas Oil during Prelims and Semis! Finals I can be good to eat before and wait until after, but those other days I am held captive!

I predict I will spend way too much on food at Lucas Oil during Prelims and Semis! Finals I can be good to eat before and wait until after, but those other days I am held captive!

Strategically plan some lunchtime on Thursday or Friday to eat at Shapiros! The deli sandwiches are incredible! - a little pricey, but you'll be over the sticker shock from L.O.S. to be better prepared to deal with it. Also, most of the patronage are drum corps fans. That makes it even better!

BTW - if you throw in some sides and a dessert, you'll most likely have leftovers to box up and take with you back in the stadium for a later day snack. Half of a Shapiro sandwich is a whole sandwich at most other places! Plus, you'll be the envy of those around you who will be eating their stadium food while you're tearing back into that awesome corned beef sandwich! - ah, guilty pleasures!

Edited by drumcorpsfever