2014 Predictions!

1. BD- combination of member talent and designers are nailing it

2.CADETS- member talent and some new blood added to design team will be a good boost to this corps that won Music caption last season.

3.CROWN- coming off a championship year can sometimes mean loss of many vets. Design and captions have to all line up to win again.

4.SCV- certainly climbing but someone above has to fall. Probably not BD.

5.BLUCOATS-potential is always there.

6.CAVIES-seem to be getting stronger every year

7.MADISON

8.PHANTOM-just not sure

9.BOSTON-just not sure

10.BLUE KNIGHTS

11.BLUE STARS

12.TROOPERS

still waiting to hear show concepts and this is totally absurd to do in Jan but im bored.

Edited by newjerseycorpguy

1. BD- combination of member talent and designers are nailing it

2.CADETS- member talent and some new blood added to design team will be a good boost to this corps that won Music caption last season.

3.CROWN- coming off a championship year can sometimes mean loss of many vets. Design and captions have to all line up to win again.

4.SCV- certainly climbing but someone above has to fall. Probably not BD.

5.BLUCOATS-potential is always there.

6.CAVIES-seem to be getting stronger every year.

7.PHANTOM-just not sure

8.BOSTON-just not sure

9.BLUE KNIGHTS

10.BLUE STARS

11.TROOPERS

12.SPIRIT

still waiting to hear show concepts and this is totally absurd to do in Jan but im bored.

Agreed it's all pointless early speculation, but you'll need to account for Madison somewhere in there . . .

• Like 1

Predictions:

1. SCV

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. Crown

5. Phantom

6. Blue Coats

7. Madison

8. Cavaliers

9. Boston

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit

12. Blue Stars

• Like 2

1. Crown

2. BD
3. SCV

4. Cadets

5. Phantom

6. Bloo

7. Scouts

8. Boston

9. BK

10. Cavies

11. Blue Stars

12. Troop

1. Cadets

2. SCV

3. BD

4. Phantom

5. Crown

6. Bluecoats

7. Madison

8. Cavies

9. Boston

10. Spirit

11. Crossmen

12. BK

Most of this is based on speculation about what factors may attract new members.

1. Crown. The momentum is all in Crown's direction. They have the key advantages of quirky, risk-taking design, and obvious fun. What talented kid wouldn't want to be a part of this corps? Also, whatever they do, everybody all be talking about it, so they'll have the buzz going for them. This will be year two of the Crown Dynasty.

2. Cadets. The Lincoln Portrait thing isn't well defined yet, but it seems like a perfect Cadets idea. This corps seems to be very good at selling their kids on the concepts that they are doing each year. These kids will be crazy 'bout Lincoln and pushing like crazy.

3. Blue Devils. This corps seems to alternate lately between weird shows (Glass Darkly, Cabaret Voltaire) and 'normal' shows (1930, Heart Skipped). So what happened last year? 2013 was the 100 year anniversary of RoS, so they had to do it that year. So, their 2014 show should be an accessible one about a reminiscence or a romantic movie. Unfortunately their members will be expecting weirdness and will be disappointed. (Then again, if it's a dark or suspenseful reminiscence, like Maltese Falcon or something, then maybe 2nd.)

4. Bluecoats. Lots of buzz and clever drill last year should draw talent this year. Enough to move up a notch. I predict high retention too; the song America is about young people traveling the country to see the place and ultimately to find themselves. Sound familiar? It must have been a powerful experience for the members. They'll be back.

5. Santa Clara Vanguard. I'm not sure the kids who want to play upscale Broadway are the same kids who want to play Bartok or shows about paintings. Of course, they should want to play anything this corps gives them because it is just fantastic.

6 Cavaliers. That's right. These bad boys are coming back. Slowly and carefully. They will do a straight ahead Cavvies book (aggressive, fast, high excitement) and lo and behold it will work.

7. Phantom Regiment. There may be a drop off in attracting talent after that witch-thing. And they will need to put fake swans on the field this year. People will be ... concerned. Don't get me wrong; it will be wonderful and I will watch it repeatedly.

8. Boston Crusaders. Attention grabbing visual flair will help again this year.

9. Madison Scouts. Gee, are we doing Platoon or Chorus Line? Apocalypse Now or ShowBoat? Full Metal Jacket or My Fair Lady? I deeply admire a kid who joins this corps not knowing what he is going to get. (Clearly that's half the fun). Still, I have to think it doesn't help overall on the new talent front.

10. Blue Knights. While the repetitive voice was infuriating, I have to think that won't hurt membership. The show concept was clever and the Music was quite nice. Also, they really looked like they were having fun.

11. Spirit of Atlanta. They looked like they were having tons of fun. I predict a good talent draw.

12. Crossmen. If this corps maintains the peace and justice theme, they may generate enough buzz to attract a committed member base.

1-5 BAC, BD, BC, Crown, SCV.

6-10 BK, Cadets, Cav's Madison, Phantom.

11-12 SOA, Troops.

Note: Not in any order.

Edited by emc2