Ohio State University

I think this is their latest show.

Nice to see them using Enterprising Young Men. Have enjoyed it since hearing Cavies play it two years ago.

http://youtu.be/MrnuwS5-PEQ

Just adding the media tags so that people can view it that way on here.... Thanks for the posting of the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrnuwS5-PEQ

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess the usual posters to this thread are still sobering up from the celebration after the upset in New Orleans last night.

I preferred the TV presentations given in the Rose Bowl to the few shots the non-stop talking sports commentators allowed the marchers in the second game.

In the Rose Bowl, Florida State's Marching Superchiefs were the best part of the game with their multi-layered low brass arrangements of Beyonce.

Oregon Ducks were fine, a little laid back and small, but they are a West Coast band...

Rose bowl parade gave us nice features of Round Rock Dragons (who have been on some DCP uniform threads), Blue Springs Golden Regiment, O'Fallon (Illinois), Cavalcade Band Circuit Honor Band from Pennsylvania, green and gold Temple, California H.S., Riverside Community Collge (said to be Blue Devils winter program), and bands from Japan and Mexico. Neat blimp shot showed Mexican band marched the parade in a "I (heart) Mexico" formation. Round Rock can now advertise themselves as the "back-up" band to Al Roker's vocals ("Sweet Caroline".) NBC gave us more bands than ABC broadcasts. Time to take those TV editors out to dinner and speak to them... Previous broadcasts gave us more.

Edited by xandandl

Well, I guess the usual posters to this thread are still sobering up from the celebration after the upset in New Orleans last night.

I preferred the TV presentations given in the Rose Bowl to the few shots the non-stop talking sports commentators allowed the marchers in the second game.

In the Rose Bowl, Florida State's Marching Superchiefs were the best part of the game with their multi-layered low brass arrangements of Beyonce.

Oregon Ducks were fine, a little laid back and small, but they are a West Coast band...

Rose bowl parade gave us nice features of Round Rock Dragons (who have been on some DCP uniform threads), Blue Springs Golden Regiment, O'Fallon (Illinois), Cavalcade Band Circuit Honor Band from Pennsylvania, green and gold Temple, California H.S., Riverside Community Collge (said to be Blue Devils winter program), and bands from Japan and Mexico. Neat blimp shot showed Mexican band marched the parade in a "I (heart) Mexico" formation. Round Rock can now advertise themselves as the "back-up" band to Al Roker's vocals ("Sweet Caroline".) NBC gave us more bands than ABC broadcasts. Time to take those TV editors out to dinner and speak to them... Previous broadcasts gave us more.

Speaking of the media, has anyone seen the tweet by Jim Rome (ESPN commentator) on his opinion on marching bands? Let's just say that even the DCI Twitter account went as far as to call him a tool. Look up #romeisburning if you guys want to look into it more.

Owe xandandl one as niece goes to App State and just went back to start 2nd semester as Dorm advisor.

Will have to send to her......

I think calling him a tool was stooping to his level. And he wasn't "bullying" simply by expressing a dumb opinion. But otherwise the DCI "romeisburning" tweets are good fun.

Rose bowl parade gave us nice features of Round Rock Dragons (who have been on some DCP uniform threads), Blue Springs Golden Regiment, O'Fallon (Illinois), Cavalcade of Bands circuit Honor Band from Pennsylvania, green and gold Temple, California H.S., Riverside Community Collge (said to be Blue Devils winter program), and bands from Japan and Mexico. Neat blimp shot showed Mexican band marched the parade in a "I (heart) Mexico" formation. Round Rock can now advertise themselves as the "back-up" band to Al Roker's vocals ("Sweet Caroline"). NBC gave us more bands than ABC broadcasts. Time to take those TV editors out to dinner and speak to them... Previous broadcasts gave us more.

Yeah, after seeing a couple minutes each being given to the Oregon and Florida State bands in the afternoon game, I was surprised there was no footage in the evening of Ohio State or Alabama performances. Earlier in the day, I saw about half of the Rose Bowl parade on HGTV, which appeared to be showing it uncut, although I flipped to NBC occasionally, where I know that in addition to the groups you list, at least one other band, Lakota West (OH), garnered some chatter from the broadcast hosts, including praise for their uniforms from Roker, though I don't know how qualified he is in that regard.

I see on Youtube that OSU put on a science fiction show. I haven't been keeping up with their work: was that a new show or one they've performed before? I really liked the giant Vulcan salute. Taking that one detail from Crown '13 to a whole 'nother level.

Edit: D'oh! Had I just read the post at the top of this page, I'd have known they'd first performed the s.f. show back on Nov. 1.

Edited by N.E. Brigand