Bluecoats 2014

Video has been taken down by DCI. You know, the funny thing is, a BIG reason why I am going tonight is to see the Bluecoats, and that is because of the video of their run-through.

DCI, I would love to see the data on loss of tickets sales because of fuzzy YouTube videos posted on the Internet. I would just love it. </sarcasm>

Well, if people download the video before it's taken down, they can still watch it. I agree. I think it helps ticket sales.

GOOD LORD!!!!

Gold Medal. I'm telling you, it's bloo's year.

Wouldn't that be awesome?! I haven't seen Bluecoats yet: will have to wait until they're up on FN. But this show sounds pretty awesome from what I have seen/heard, and it would be really cool to have not just ONE new DCI Champion, but TWO in just two short seasons!!

after watching in the cinecast, I don't think they have a championship caliber visual/guard design. That can change, and I hope they continue to layer. The scores seemed right to me, but I would plan on them getting much closer to those ahead of them, and widening the gap between them and PR.

This is still the best show the bluecoats have had in a long time, and probably my favorite show of the year so far. Probably won't win with this, but perhaps they will medal.

Good to see coats back to heel first technique. That toe first stuff has got to kill some peoples' shins! I think visually is where most of the coats problem's lie. I absolutely love the music, and the hornline sounds incredibly mature (reminds me of 2010, but better!) Clearly establishing their visual technique with knee bend (or no knee bend?) will be a priority as well as cleaning up some of those forms. Nailing down the tarp and stand/bleacher placement is key as well. I WANT to see them go places this season. I wish for them to finish in the top three this year!

Edited by TimbreDeBrass
  • Like 1

After seeing the Bluecoats tonight again on the big screen, still convinced their show is the best overall. Great horn line, music off the charts, a drum line that will compete for the Sandord, a guard that is noticeably improved and a show design that is simply compelling. From the opening statement to the closing move, this show is THE most enjoyable to watch and hear. The majority of the theater-goers I was with tonight would agree with that based on their reactions - spontaneous recognition for Bloo's show.

I am going to do my best to tune out the judging and simply tune into this show. Let the chips fall where they may, but I will be surprised if they are not serious contenders for the whole enchilada this year.

Remember, one show, slotting, and a reluctance on the part of the judging community to give credit until they will have no choice but to do so . The Bluecoats in 2014 will not be denied.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Based on the theater reaction to Bloo vs. literally every other corps on the broadcast this is going to be the audience favorite bar none and no judge panel is going to tell them any differently.

OK just watched Bloo on FN. WOW, they seriously have one of the coolest shows I've seen. The music is pretty sick, the drill is fantastic! The color scheme just POPS right out at you. I kind of got the same feeling I had when I first started watching drum corps---particularly similar to SCV's 2003 show Pathways, one of my favorite shows ever. Almost nostalgic because it reminds me of my "innocence" to DCI so-to-speak.

Both Pathways and Tilt are both simple concepts and complex at the same time. No need for talking (at least I don't remember Tilt having narration after 2 viewings), just pure conceptual art and music. As you can see, I'm having difficulty articulating just how much I love this show!

• Like 3