The Cadets - 2014

Maybe you aren't trying to do this but I'd appreciate you not trying to put words in my mouth. I know what I'm thinking or not thinking. I'm not hearing any emotion from that hornline. My issue isn't the music itself or the theme.

Same here on what the issues are and or not, but I think chris is just trying to understand our perspective and explain his, which isn't a bad thing.

• Like 1

Even Rondinaro said the Cadets were his second goosebump show moment of the night at the cinema last month. So it is making an impact with some. i think there are several huge emotional moments.

For the record, I haven't gotten goosebumps from a single BD show this century, but that has certainly not been a problem for them. PR a lot of goosebump moments. CC a few. None from BC this year. So yeah, its all a matter of taste and personal connection.

Is this what you're referring to as an emotional response?

Maybe you aren't trying to do this but I'd appreciate you not trying to put words in my mouth. I know what I'm thinking or not thinking. I'm not hearing any emotion from that hornline. My issue isn't the music itself or the theme.

There is plenty of controlled emotional intensity coming from the drum line, but they are staged backfield more than some other corps they are competing against. If you aren’t picking that up, take another look tonight.

lots of good points being made here

maybe we'll see a more emotional ie: ###### off performance from the corps tonight - the Cadets members can't be happy that they narrowed the gap with BD consistently the last few weeks only to watch it magically open way up last night

maybe we'll see a more emotional ie: ###### off performance from the corps tonight - the Cadets members can't be happy that they narrowed the gap with BD consistently the last few weeks only to watch it magically open way up last night

I'm all for that.

Even Rondinaro said the Cadets were his second goosebump show moment of the night at the cinema last month. So it is making an impact with some. i think there are several huge emotional moments.

For the record, I haven't gotten goosebumps from a single BD show this century, but that has certainly not been a problem for them. PR a lot of goosebump moments. CC a few. None from BC this year. So yeah, its all a matter of taste and personal connection.

Is this what you're referring to as an emotional response?

Different strokes for different folks. I just want to point out that I'm almost exclusively a musical person rather than a visual/drill person. And even with that, I appreciate a hornline wayyyy more than a drumline (I like the pit though). So my enjoyment of a corps is based pretty highly on the musical arrangement of the hornline/pit and the way they play. I don't necessarily expect to get goosebumps but there's this intangible, indescribable feeling I get when I listen to a hornline play that I associate with emotion. I've gotten that feeling from everyone in the top 8 this year (assuming BK is a part of the top 8) except for the Cadets and Cavies.

There is plenty of controlled emotional intensity coming from the drum line, but they are staged backfield more than some other corps they are competing against. If you aren’t picking that up, take another look tonight.

I'll definitely pay attention to it. But like I stated above, I'm not the biggest drumline person.

I guess I'm reading things differently.

I can't remember a Cadets show that I didn't feel emotion from. I mean, if you look at the tradition of the corps, look at the stories from alumni, and then watch all the media they provide during a year, every member comes across as feeling immense pride for being part of that group.

When listening to their show you can feel it.

• Like 1

Different strokes for different folks. I just want to point out that I'm almost exclusively a musical person rather than a visual/drill person. And even with that, I appreciate a hornline wayyyy more than a drumline (I like the pit though). So my enjoyment of a corps is based pretty highly on the musical arrangement of the hornline/pit and the way they play. I don't necessarily expect to get goosebumps but there's this intangible, indescribable feeling I get when I listen to a hornline play that I associate with emotion. I've gotten that feeling from everyone in the top 8 this year (assuming BK is a part of the top 8) except for the Cadets and Cavies.

I'll definitely pay attention to it. But like I stated above, I'm not the biggest drumline person.

They were pretty displeased with their run last night, and with the fact that the on field percussion judge spent minimal time trying to stay with them to sample their technique and sound. Expect tonight to be quite different.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think ###### off lends itself well to the music in question. But maybe others get something very different out of Copland than I do.

Yeah I don't think ###### off lends itself well to the music in question. But maybe others get something very different out of Copland than I do.

I think you know what I'm getting at. Injecting more energy overall. And there are moments in the show which sound ###### off - ala the pearl harbor section