Significance of the new MiM ( aka DCI G7 corps) Fall shows?

I don't think I'm being clear. I'm not saying MiM should provide BOA with anything. I'm saying that DCI could partner with BOA and supply the same services to BOA using the O-15 corps/directors in the same fashion that MiM is providing to USBands.

I don't think I'm being clear. I'm not saying MiM should provide BOA with anything. I'm saying that DCI could partner with BOA and supply the same services to BOA using the O-15 corps/directors in the same fashion that MiM is providing to USBands.

i think im either not understanding or not saying it right either...sorry..I think what Im trying to say is MIM with all these corps involved already is DCI.( not in mane but member)...since DCI is the corps ..which are the same corps as MIM...minus a few

hmmmm a separate ? hmmmmm ok people like comparisons here...Pepsi owns separate companies, different from the soda devision...you actually think they are goin g to use, help or deal with cokes SEPARATE companies?..lol

I'm just saying that there is a legal distinction between MiM and the corps who control the corp.

....and in the past Pepsi may have dealt with some separate company if that company ( owned by Coke) was the one company that sells a required part for a soda fountain dispenser and Pepsi wanted to sell their products using a soda fountain, which has happened in the past.

I'm just saying that there is a legal distinction between MiM and the corps who control the corp.

....and in the past Pepsi may have dealt with some separate company if that company ( owned by Coke) was the one company that sells a required part for a soda fountain dispenser and Pepsi wanted to sell their products using a soda fountain, which has happened in the past.

we may have to agree to disagree here..i know legally what you are saying and the separation BUT I also know all the players and not saying anything sneaky is going on just that one wont do something to advance the other unless.....well lets go to the business practice of....whats in it for me "...im not putting down any practice....just putting all the pieces together and what for me anyway...what makes sense.....real sense.

we may have to agree to disagree here..i know legally what you are saying and the separation BUT I also know all the players and not saying anything sneaky is going on just that one wont do something to advance the other unless.....well lets go to the business practice of....whats in it for me "...im not putting down any practice....just putting all the pieces together and what for me anyway...what makes sense.....real sense.

I understand what you're saying; I was just chiming in on the nuts and bolts of the organization.

I agree with you about how that could play out in practice...

i think im either not understanding or not saying it right either...sorry..I think what Im trying to say is MIM with all these corps involved already is DCI.( not in mane but member)...since DCI is the corps ..which are the same corps as MIM...minus a few

OK, I see your point but I still disagree. This may 'splain it...:

Is system Blue in fact DCI because it involved a DCI drum corps? I hope you say no, system Blue is not DCI.

For the same reason, MiM is not DCI even though it involves DCI drum corps. MiM is their own, separate venture, distinct from DCI. Because they are not holding drum corps competitions DCI has no say in what they do.

Then, similarly but opposite, DCI can partner with BOA if the BOD votes to do so. In that situation DCI can offer similar services to BOA using DCI corps. If only the O-15 corps participate in the BOA services agreement with DCI (because the MiM corps oppose supporting other than USBands) then the MiM corps directors can't, at least in good conscience (to the extent they have desires to grow the activity as a whole) vote against a DCI/BOA partnership.

IMO, anyway.

• Like 1

Is system Blue in fact DCI because it involved a DCI drum corps? I hope you say no, system Blue is not DCI.

For the same reason, MiM is not DCI even though it involves DCI drum corps. MiM is their own, separate venture, distinct from DCI. Because they are not holding drum corps competitions DCI has no say in what they do.

Then, similarly but opposite, DCI can partner with BOA if the BOD votes to do so. In that situation DCI can offer similar services to BOA using DCI corps. If only the O-15 corps participate in the BOA services agreement with DCI (because the MiM corps oppose supporting other than USBands) then the MiM corps directors can't, at least in good conscience (to the extent they have desires to grow the activity as a whole) vote against a DCI/BOA partnership.

IMO, anyway.

totally gotcha....i think the key to what we are both saying and where we may differ in opinion is you last line..very important line

Totally gotcha. I think the key to what we are both saying and where we may differ in opinion is your last line ... very important line.

Which line do you mean? The actual last line where garfield wrote, "IMO, anyway"? If that's the case, all you'd be saying is that the reason you have a different opinion from from garfield is ... that you have a different opinion form garfield. Which is a circular statement that gets no clearer to explaining why you believe that Drum Corps International would never try to partner with Bands of America in the same with that Music in Motion is partnering with USBands.

Which line do you mean? The actual last line where garfield wrote, "IMO, anyway"? If that's the case, all you'd be saying is that the reason you have a different opinion from from garfield is ... that you have a different opinion form garfield. Which is a circular statement that gets no clearer to explaining why you believe that Drum Corps International would never try to partner with Bands of America in the same with that Music in Motion is partnering with USBands.

no...........this

then the MiM corps directors can't, at least in good conscience (to the extent they have desires to grow the activity as a whole) vote against a DCI/BOA partnership...

Edited by GUARDLING

IMO, anyway.

if only the O-15 are involved, I doubt BOA would go for it