Carolina Crown 2014

2014 SCV is placing a few points behind BD in each show, and on a consistent basis.

What a surprise.

In Mustang they all toss their horns up in the air at some point during the trumpet echo/frisbee section. It gave a cool "weighlessness/floaty" effect. That is new. I didn't see that last week in Bentonville. I took a peak at San Antonio VODs in FN and didn't see it there either.

• Like 1

Best horline in the activity with one of their worst shows since their rise to prominence. Thanks to Matt Harloff and his staff. The members of the corps deserve better from the other staff for creating this show that is not worthy of the talent this year's members bring to the corps.

I think the staff pushed the MM's harder than they ever had. They are leveraging that immense talent with a level of difficulty that only they are worthy of. That is what the staff are telling them and making them believe. They are all proud to be a member of the Crown organization no matter where the judges place them.

Edited by Relics
  • Like 2

Anyone know if/when they are going to add a space-y image to the white tarps on the field and if they are going to get anymore show flags? I just noticed that the flags in the ballad and closer are the same and Crown usually adds a bunch of new silks toward the later half of the season.

I agree! Great changes and I'm a fan of the extra narration to help "guide" the audience through the show. This show is reminding me of 09 Phantom with all the changes that were required but I'm liking the show design a lot more now than I did two weeks ago. Keep on cleaning and let's see what happens!

They are performing an amazingly difficult show, at a higher performance level each night. Everyone will be shocked with their progress the next few days! Will be so much fun to watch it happen!

gettin' gooder!

So good. But there are still tiny issues within sections, especially trumpets from what I hear. Sometimes the trumpet's tone quality diminishes slightly in some phrases and on other phrases, they aren't fully together but those that are off are only off by such a minuscule amount. It's nothing they can't clean up.