Carolina Crown 2014

The narrative and audible counting didn't bother me once I got used to hearing them. However, if they do use them in their show this year I'd rather them reduce the amount overall. I'm also hoping for a stronger percussion line. I still don't really know how they;re judged, but I did notice that was a weakness This would diminish their vulnerability against other corps.

I agree the cone of silence is silly.

We agree on something.

Stop the presses !

I agree. If Crown announced too early then BD will be able to up with the perfect defense to stop them from winning. It's exactly like football.

I think you may want to re-write this.

Rifuarian, you are totally correct. For me to preface a statement with "Speaking solely for myself" and immediately following that with "we" was both presumptuous AND stupid. No argument from me on that.

As for your "perfect defense" -- first, I fully realize it was said with well-intentioned sarcasm. And point taken. However, neither was I trying to directly equate Drum Corps practice with that of football. That's the beauty of music competition -- there IS no defense. I've always told my students (upon entering competition) this very thing; that it's a situation of you going out and trying to achieve your very best performance possible -- and know that every other group is doing the very same thing. If you win, then congratulations. If you don't, then you go and shake the other guys hand and say "God bless ya' -- you were better."

Edited by HornTeacher

I agree the cone of silence is silly.

But...it's their drum corps -- they get to be silly if they want to.

As the cone of silence slowly descends, Maxwell Smart says to his boss..."Hey Chief, would you believe Crown is play........"

Chief...."What?"

cone_of_silence12.jpg

• Like 4

So crown posted this Video today on their Facebook page. If they are teasing us with music from the TV Show LOST and this Ballad makes it way into the 2014 Show. I will go nuts. Crown is always amazing at every ballad they deliver in a show and this would be absolutely amazing again!

http://youtu.be/AYu950BcjhI

So crown posted this Video today on their Facebook page. If they are teasing us with music from the TV Show LOST and this Ballad makes it way into the 2014 Show. I will go nuts. Crown is always amazing at every ballad they deliver in a show and this would be absolutely amazing again!

http://youtu.be/AYu950BcjhI

:ninja:

oh and i agree about the Crown ballads. they're always so beautiful.

Ballad last year was fine; narration was embarrassing and painful to witness!

What parts of the show did you consider to be narration?