I am so proud of the kids and staff. This is a high-risk show, imo, but it will pay off. The entire organization is committed to stepping out of its comfort zone while preserving its historical roots. Yes, the show is different, dark, and at times, UNNERVING!

And all the while, we are getting a 74 year old Boston which is true to its badazz roots while playing GIANT as an on field warmup, playing more of Conquest during the show than in recent memory, spelling out BAC in the drill, and even throwing down a chaser of "G7" for all to see!

OUTSTANDING, BOSTON CRUSADERS!

• Like 2

This season certainly brings in a different approach for the Crusaders. Animal Farm is so unlike what they've done in the past that it leaves me (and Dennis Delucia / Steve Rodinero) speechless. It is certainly a political show as their lead designer had stated (if not made obvious by the G7 drill formation craze). I'm not entirely certain what to say after seeing this show except clean clean clean. The demand is certainly there and if they can clean it up, it will certainly land them ahead of the nearby competition.

• Like 3

Just saw Boston in the cinecast and I have to say those are some sweet looking uniforms. I had no idea there was a capette! It's almost like they've been avoiding showing the full uniform from head to toe lately. Also, did I see a set where they spell out "G7"??

• Like 3

Boston this year is driven by a large number of age outs. Members who could have left and marched in any of the ring chaser organizations in DCI. Beware the heart of this drum corps! I have seen the intensity on the field, as well as seeing the interaction of an early season boat ride. They are a time bomb waiting to explode! Could blow either way, but I fully expect a truly in your face, let it all hang out there corps!. When I saw a packed house of kids singing and dancing together on their cruise, there was an old school togetherness that warmed my heart and made me smile. Wherever they place, you won't want to miss them! See you in Indy!!!!

• Like 3

I posted this in the Akron thread, but I wanna bring it over hear since they were my 2nd favorite tonight:

Boston Crusaders - First, let me say that I LOVE DARK SHOWS! And this is THE darkest one I've ever seen in drum corps, by far. That said, it is CLEARLY UNFINISHED. But I see the bones, and they're calcium enriched and STRONG. This show right now is music and drill with a couple thematic moments and is filthy dirty. That said, the difficulty they are putting on these performers isn't even on the same level as Madison, they are HAULING ### and playing HARD stuff the WHOLE show. They are ALL over the place from a field coverage standpoint. Clearly not the closer either. But this show is monster, and once and IF they can clean it, watch out, they'll blow right past everyone that's close right now and into the top 6. Once they add show silks, more thematic elements, some re-writes, this could be a monumental show for them. I dunno, I have a gut feeling these guys have tasted blood, and they're out for more. If they clean, they're seriously going to do some damage. Was HUGELY impressed by them tonight despite being the dirtiest, least finished, and the lowest. Boston, BRING IT!

• Like 6

BAC has certainly taken a HUGE risk...I honestly feel this vehicle will be great for them by August...It has a HUGE upside potential... like the edgy feel...G7 spelled out was just brilliant! This corps definitely departed from their years' past...and I LOVE it!

• Like 5

Love this year's BAC show. Hard, driving music throughout. Breakneck drill. IMO if they clean the heck out of this show it has top 6 potential. One of my favorite drill moves of the whole cinecast was the full corps block moving silently across the field. Didn't notice G7 spelled out, but now that I know that it makes me :-)

• Like 1