Watch how much the horn line plays to front stage, exposed more than Kate Upton, What I love about this corps is that its in your face, early 2000's type exposure, and look out, they have talent, but they also have 100% grandes bolos! The members this year will make this a corps that will make you leave Lucas Oil whistling their show.

Edited by nysader
  • Like 1

Watch how much the horn line plays to front stage, exposed more than Kate Upton, What I love about this corps is that its in your face, early 2000's type exposure, and look out, they have talent, but they also have 100% grandes bolos! The members this year will make this a corps that will make you leave Lucas Oil whistling their show.

I'm not sure I know how to whistle tritone chords.

• Like 1

I find it interesting how whenever the cadets or any other corps have a politically charged show, people complain like there is no tomorrow. But when BAC does one and incoporates DCI politics, they're treated as the saviors and get endless compliments.

I find it interesting how whenever the cadets or any other corps have a politically charged show, people complain like there is no tomorrow. But when BAC does one and incoporates DCI politics, they're treated as the saviors and get endless compliments.

I think it is because it's politics that lie so close to the hearts of many fans. People love a good drama and to incorporate such a drill move and basically center an entire show around making fun of the idea that "all corps are equal but some are more equal than others" is Boston's way of giving the G7 the finger. Personally, I love it, but it's up to each individual to decide how they feel about these politics.

Edit: I also don't recall people giving Crown a hard time when they did "A Second Chance" back in 2010. people love an underdog

Edited by thewsquared
  • Like 6

I think it is because it's politics that lie so close to the hearts of many fans. People love a good drama and to incorporate such a drill move and basically center an entire show around making fun of the idea that "all corps are equal but some are more equal than others" is Boston's way of giving the G7 the finger. Personally, I love it, but it's up to each individual to decide how they feel about these politics.

On a similar note, many different people have many different political and world views, so when a corps does a politically-charged show (thought to be honest I'm not sure what shows he's referencing) it hits close to home for some people.

G7 is a drum corps-specific politic that is pretty widely disliked by a large number of the drum corps community, so people much more enjoy seeing the "underdog" give the big guys the finger.

But by and large, it truly is, like thewsquared said, up to the individual. Some will love the G7 set from BAC this year, and plenty, I'm sure, will hate it. We just haven't heard from those people yet. :tounge2:

On a similar note, many different people have many different political and world views, so when a corps does a politically-charged show (thought to be honest I'm not sure what shows he's referencing) it hits close to home for some people.

G7 is a drum corps-specific politic that is pretty widely disliked by a large number of the drum corps community, so people much more enjoy seeing the "underdog" give the big guys the finger.

But by and large, it truly is, like thewsquared said, up to the individual. Some will love the G7 set from BAC this year, and plenty, I'm sure, will hate it. We just haven't heard from those people yet. :tounge2:

I really feel like this would have more impact if there were actually beating a G7 corps this year.

I really feel like this would have more impact if there were actually beating a G7 corps this year.

You shall get your wish.

• Like 2