how about that guard score? hmmm. makes you think strange thoughts about the semis score.

Not sure what you mean? Blue Stars still beat them by 1.2 in finals in guard

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean? Blue Stars still beat them by 1.2 in finals in guard

The fact is that the guard was 8th in prelims, 13th in semis, and 9th in finals, plus 9th in Allentown if you consider both nights together. In that context, 13th sticks out quite a bit.

• Like 3

The fact is that the guard was 8th in prelims, 13th in semis, and 9th in finals, plus 9th in Allentown if you consider both nights together. In that context, 13th sticks out quite a bit.

Thanks for this. It's what I was meaning. Haven't really been on today to respond. Spot on!

On a tangential note, today at Mythcon I wore for the first time the "Animal Farm" tee shirt I bought back at Ft. Wayne. It inspired lots of compliments and questions, more than any other drum corps shirt I've ever worn.

Just logging in to this thread for the first time, to say one thing: Watching the Prelims cinecast on Thursday, no corps had me on the edge of my seat more than BAC's that night. I saw it live at the Alamodome in July, and found it too much to take in then, to really assess it reliably. Seeing it this second time, though... Wow! I love the darkness, love the provocation, the guard is beautiful and fun and mesmerizing, the corps members are amazingly athletic, the drumming is hot and expressive, the recorded sounds are tasteful, I was captivated by the interplay of visuals and sound throughout, and no other corps tapped into a broader range of emotions than this show did.

It's a tough year to be a very very good corps, because there are many of them, and there are a couple of really great ones, meaning there aren't enough medals to go to all the 'deserving' corps. But when have I ever been happy with the scoring, in my 25+ years of following drum corps? Rarely. And hardly anyone else I know has been, either. So, that is what it is. But if any current BAC members or staff read this, just know that you won *this* fan over Thursday night -- even displacing the Bluecoats' as my favorite show of the season. Yes, you deserve to place higher, IMO, but the field is so good this year. Yes, the Blue Devils' performance level is a step above the rest, but the rest of the top 10 is just awesome, and you are right in there.

Thank you for pushing the envelope. Doing so is rarely rewarded in its time. And thank you to all your fabulous young performers. I really didn't want those 12 minutes to end Thursday night.

Best wishes tonight. Chins up, and blow 'em away!

Well said!!! Watch the show, these kids are moving and playing constantly right up until their ballad. They worked their a## off all year and gave 3 thrilling performances finals week. I was there Sat. night and the crowd rose and gave them a rousing standing ovation at the end. The kids felt it, and though the score didn't reflect their hard work, they felt something no announcement of a score could. It was truly heart warming, and I was happy for the organization, and especially the kids. In a weird way, many members grew more this year as Crusaders than ever before. Lost in all this, in my opinion, we go into our 75th anniversary year stronger than any other anniversary year in our long history. BAC.... Building A Champion!!!!

• Like 4

heard a judge made an error and if admitted it, wouldn't be 'judging' any more. so the score stayed.

• Like 1

heard a judge made an error and if admitted it, wouldn't be 'judging' any more. so the score stayed.

If that's the case, I'm just glad it didn't knock them out of finals or anything crazy like that