Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

I understand but there's a difference between critiquing and bashing. God knows I've held my tongue on many of those BD shows the past few years. And not an easy task. Drive safely. At least you're a drum corps fan so you have something right going on, enjoy the season.

Take your back handed compliment and shove it. Your not taking the high road your just trying to be the cockiest one in the thread. You wanna be that guy? Ok my turn. Hopefully I'll see you at finals! you'll be the one handing out the participation awards right?

See ya

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the commentary tonight! It's appreciated by those of us who couldn't be there for the actual face melting. :) Sounds like we have an exciting season ahead of us! Can't wait to see Blooo in person!!

• Like 2

are they getting closer to scores yet in Akron?

Yes... depending upon your time zone, you should have the scores in approx. 45 hours and 23 minutes from now... give or take a couple of hours or two.

I got my glass of wine.. my live feed on from Stanford, and reading the posts in here = very entertaining.

Got my pipe and ready for some Stanford!

I <3 California

Headed to the show next Sat too..

• Like 1

There is a lot going on, but it is not a distraction in the same way the cadets are. I can look at different areas of the field, there aren't interruptions being made to my viewing of the show or the listening of it. Just like cavies XtraordinarY. A lot going on, not distracting.

When a narrator goes up to speak, just like a soloist, you are drawn to them. At the expense of watching what else is going on the field. Guard members doing guard things is not a distraction, you are supposed to notice their actions but not necessarily be drawn only to them. Exceptions being a narrative story.

Crown had no real narrative. They had features you were supposed to notice.

Cadets' had an abstract narrative where you are taken on a lecture that seems to be interrupted by the corps playing music.

If you can't see the difference, or feel it, then i can't really help you.

A visual distraction is more intrusive to me than subtle talking mixed with music. Having all the numerous large items on the field takes away from the visual presentation of the show and is a big distraction. I can see and feel differences extremely well, it comes down to what individual preferences are---auditory or visual continuity.

• Like 1

A visual distraction is more intrusive to me than subtle talking mixed with music. Having all the numerous large items on the field takes away from the visual presentation of the show and is a big distraction. I can see and feel differences extremely well, it comes down to what individual preferences are---auditory or visual continuity.

Subtle....who are you kidding?

It's 2014.... Narration helps tell the story. Drum Corps has evolved.. People we dont march with tympani anymore. Get use to Narration.

Nice copy and paste there from the Stanford thread bud. Actually get "used to", and you forgot an apostrophe in your don't.

So overall great impression of the Bluecoats? Super duper excited to see them Monday.

Edited by DrumManTx