2014 uniforms

Unless you are a member of the Admin team there or have permission from their Directors, I would advise against that.

The picture they sent to the donors is NOT the actual photo FJM would liked released.

Don't worry, staff said that it would be okay after the first public performance.

Stripe is gone forever. Everybody got rid of the stripe for a reason. It makes your technuque look less good.

BITD, we said the stripe showed how clean we were.

I just realized that somewhere along the way 'clean' got replaced by 'technique'. Not sure if that is relevant,but when did relevance matter on DCP.

• Like 1

BITD, we said the stripe showed how clean we were.

I just realized that somewhere along the way 'clean' got replaced by 'technique'. Not sure if that is relevant,but when did relevance matter on DCP.

But it doesn't mean we were clean just because we said it. Old videos you can clearly see how something like a stripe. or a white buck with black pants showed a sxxt load of dirt , even with the winners. We were also NEVER asked to do anything close to what's done today. So there is quite a difference. IMO

Edited by GUARDLING

When I was in high school marching band, I called them "out of step stripes"

I thought I saw something on one of Hop's Q&A things saying that since Marc Sylvester has been working with the corps again, he is pushing to re-stripe, and basically said "I dunno at this point."

But it doesn't mean we were clean just because we said it. Old videos you can clearly see how something like a stripe. or a white buck with black pants showed a sxxt load of dirt , even with the winners. We were also NEVER asked to do anything close to what's done today. So there is quite a difference. IMO

Perhaps I should have phrased it 'how clean we were or were not'

I agree it is different now. Old shows would not score well today, and today's shows would not score well using the system from back then.

• Like 1

When I was in high school marching band, I called them "out of step stripes"

I thought I saw something on one of Hop's Q&A things saying that since Marc Sylvester has been working with the corps again, he is pushing to re-stripe, and basically said "I dunno at this point."

Man I REALLY hope they bring back the stripes. It looks so plain without them and when the technique is mastered by the kids in the corps, they look so weird and so good at the same time.

Perhaps I should have phrased it 'how clean we were or were not'

I agree it is different now. Old shows would not score well today, and today's shows would not score well using the system from back then.

Hell when they get the technique down, the corps looks GREAT with those stripes on the pants.

Blue Devils still have a stripe (on one leg at least) though who knows if it will still be there for 2014.

Wow! I never noticed this. In 2013 they seem to have two stripes on the right leg only, one in front and one on the outside.

Strips, plumes, spats, etc. all are a double-edged sword. They show off both how good you are and how bad you are. Whether to include them depends on how you think the judge will respond to it, which probably nobody knows exactly, including the judges themselves.

Spirit of Atlanta

10321085_10154155833870293_3357648615361

The entire uniform will be revealed at the Memorial Day Celebration tomorrow.

Spirit is such a tease. Haha!