Neglecting the West - We need a real national tour

Where did the judges sit at Byrd Stadium in Maryland?

From these photo's, probably in the press box. (Sorry folks, could not cut/paste the Google results for Bryd stadium.)

Edited by Ghost

The key is the end of the season...the corps make money from finals week. right now in Indy, the deal is sweet. you won't get that deal out West, even if attendance is 5,000 higher than Indy gets.

Just out of curiosity, what are the specifics of the sweet deal in Indy? Why do they make more $$ there?

If this has been described in other places let me know, but goggling has not found any specifics

Just out of curiosity, what are the specifics of the sweet deal in Indy? Why do they make more $$ there?

If this has been described in other places let me know, but goggling has not found any specifics

Yes. Indianapolis has been one of the most profitable locations for Championships.

Yes. Indianapolis has been one of the most profitable locations for Championships.

We're told that your answer is true, but the question you responded to is "why?".

My understanding is that DCI gets a discount on the stadium rental, plus overt support from the Indy convention bureau.

If Indiana passes the "RELIGIOUS FREEDOM" law which would allow discrimination, DCI better plan to discuss moving Championships. A state that allows hate should not be rewarded.

From what I have heard, there are several groups that are pushing for DCI to join other large convention groups in making a joint statement against the religious "freedom" bill.

BRING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO CALIFORNIA AGAIN!

• Like 1

they get breaks on the facility depending on crowd size, plus, i'm sure they get a discount for having HQ in Indy. when crowds were down a few years ago, DCI still made decent money because the less of the building they needed, the less they had to pay.

If Indiana passes the "RELIGIOUS FREEDOM" law which would allow discrimination, DCI better plan to discuss moving Championships. A state that allows hate should not be rewarded.

From what I have heard, there are several groups that are pushing for DCI to join other large convention groups in making a joint statement against the religious "freedom" bill.

BRING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO CALIFORNIA AGAIN!

I'd respond to this, but apparently discussing the social/political ramifications of where DCI holds its premiere event each year might get this thread locked.

#ain'tgonnaplayCircleCity

Then again, others may not see it the way you are pushing it.

There has already been previous threads of discussion about whether championships should remain at Indy, about how many corps (including several World Class finalists) got their start as outreach of church groups, and how much drum corps should be involved in political hot potatoes.

Edited by xandandl