Metamora Madness! 7/9/2014

Remember when Cadets were 4th in 2011 in Minneapolis? 1.8 back, with ordinals of 4 3 3 4 1 3 3 3 5 5 4 4 4? Oh, silly me for looking. I forgot the season is over and it was ONLY the Blue Devils show to lose now, even though the defending champions haven't even played a single note against BD yet. There can't possibly be any other corps capable of overcoming a point.

OR, remember when they were still sitting in 3rd place in San Antonio.... with a corps that was 5th in guard, 4th in visual performance, 3rd in music ensemble, and 3rd in percussion?

Oh, wait. It's already over, nevermind. Silly facts.

• Like 2

Remember when Cadets were 4th in 2011 in Minneapolis? 1.8 back, with ordinals of 4 3 3 4 1 3 3 3 5 5 4 4 4? Oh, silly me for looking. I forgot the season is over and it was ONLY the Blue Devils show to lose now, even though the defending champions haven't even played a single note against BD yet. There can't possibly be any other corps capable of overcoming a point.

OR, remember when they were still sitting in 3rd place in San Antonio.... with a corps that was 5th in guard, 4th in visual performance, 3rd in music ensemble, and 3rd in percussion?

Oh, wait. It's already over, nevermind. Silly facts.

Facts are fun. So is Klondike ice cream bar...which is what I'm eating right now.

• Like 3

You guys are silly. At least admit it's BD's to lose.

In the following cases, was it theirs to lose or others' to win?

On July 10, 2008, BD beat Phantom Regiment by 1.65.

(They didn't lose a show that year until Cavaliers beat them on August 1.)

On July 30, 2011, BD beat Cadets by 0.70.

On July 26, 2013, BD beat Crown by 1.05.

Edit: I see geluf made much the same point earlier in the thread.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

BD spanked em in percussion. I did not expect that! I thought they would lose that caption.

BD percussion recently has a tendency to peak at Allentown and regress finals week

Something is clearly wrong. When I hit the "Quote" button to respond to someone's post, it does not work....

This has been a problem with DCP and Internet Explorer for months. If you're using IE, and you right-click on the Quote button, you can select "Open in New Tab" and the quoted post will appear. An annoying workaround.

He's not claiming to be an expert. He's claiming to have read a judging sheet. Its not hard to come by this information. The spreads and what they imply vary slightly from activity to activity, but the concept remains pretty consistent. The spread sends you a message. A 1 point spread says pretty clearly "these corps are comparable". Particularly in early July.

We've had one show where the two corps have met. Nothing is decided at this point. You're the one who made the bold statement, so the onus falls on you to prove why you're right. Nobody had to provide you with evidence to the contrary. Its your conclusion to support.

actually the comparable part comes to play in the subcaptions. 1-3 tenths in a subcaption means on any given day...you look at the recap and you see lots of "on any given day" places.

it's July 9th. we havent even hit Slurpee day ( aka 7/11). DCI this year more than ever seems to have embraced the philosophy of "judge the show of the day" this year than we've seen since the old school tick system days.

And who's really winning? The fans. You can't claim people are being slotted this year. You'll see movement all over. I just saw OC beat PC...first time ever? Holy #### this season is going to be fun! So freaking the #### out over numbers with a month to go is assinine. Hell most corps don't even have their major changes in yet

• Like 1

Crown's being sneaky, I'm wondering how much those six days could pay off.

Like the Buccaneers in DCA, who took first place in Wildwood then took four weeks off ... and yet will probably take first this weekend in Wayne.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems very much to me that [Hopkins's post about the Metamora show is] a question about the activity as a whole: a crappy field, a small audience, not selling t-shirts--"How did we get here" to this rather dismal state of things? Somewhat ominous coming from the director of one of the top corps and leaders of the activity.

The implication being perhaps that if Music in Motion were running the show it would be better? Geesevenus revividus?

This has been a problem with DCP and Internet Explorer for months. If you're using IE, and you right-click on the Quote button, you can select "Open in New Tab" and the quoted post will appear. An annoying workaround.

Why in the world would anyone still use Internet Explorer?