Metamora Madness! 7/9/2014

The Blues are taking all the medals so i mean you better start getting ready for next year.

Blue Knights too?!?!?! :augen51:

Just gonna throw fuel on the fire...Vanguard passed Crown tonight...yeah, I know different panels etc. San Antonio is going to be fun.

OMG your screename is...dare I say....EPIC!!!

• Like 3

Facinating season. I have a feeling the defending DCI champion is going to make a huge statement this weekend. Whoever winds up short of a medal this year will go down as the greatest 4th place corps in DCI history.

I think an adjustment is needed:

4th place: Bronze

3rd place: Silver

2nd place: Gold

1st place: Platinum

• Like 2

Maybe 4th place gets a gift certificate to The Olive Garden and a nice ribbon.

• Like 1

I think the problem with data in this arena is that none of it really means anything. If one judge has corps A up by .2, and a different judge had them up by .3 the next night, does it mean they got .1 better? What is .1 "better" anyway? And it's nebulous at best to try to predict any season based on any previous season.

At any rate, while I truly am enjoying all of the top 4, it appeared obvious to me last night watching FN that BD us simply at a stronger, cleaner place right now. I'm a total Cadets homer, and I have good friends marching and teaching at Coats. I marched with some guys who are now teaching and writing at Cadets, Coats and Crown, and I believe they are brilliant. Nevertheless, at this moment in time, BD seems to have an edge. Even with some major visual dirt, they just seem stronger even through the TV.

So, what's the point? These are all opinions anyway. As I get older, it seems less sensical to try to quantify art, and this activity has most definitely become a true art form. I'm just astonished at how well these people play and move, and I wish I were young enough to still be doing it.

• Like 1

I think an adjustment is needed:

4th place: Bronze

3rd place: Silver

2nd place: Gold

1st place: Platinum

THIS.

Something is clearly wrong. When I hit the "Quote" button to respond to someone's post, it does not work....

I would believe a CC hiatus has been productive and fruitful. Cannot wait to see the changes.

Happened to me too a few minutes ago; funny funky computer lol

I think the problem with data in this arena is that none of it really means anything. If one judge has corps A up by .2, and a different judge had them up by .3 the next night, does it mean they got .1 better? What is .1 "better" anyway? And it's nebulous at best to try to predict any season based on any previous season.

At any rate, while I truly am enjoying all of the top 4, it appeared obvious to me last night watching FN that BD us simply at a stronger, cleaner place right now. I'm a total Cadets homer, and I have good friends marching and teaching at Coats. I marched with some guys who are now teaching and writing at Cadets, Coats and Crown, and I believe they are brilliant. Nevertheless, at this moment in time, BD seems to have an edge. Even with some major visual dirt, they just seem stronger even through the TV.

So, what's the point? These are all opinions anyway. As I get older, it seems less sensical to try to quantify art, and this activity has most definitely become a true art form. I'm just astonished at how well these people play and move, and I wish I were young enough to still be doing it.

Generally speaking, and respectfully, a sub-caption difference of 1-2ish tends to mean "this could have gone either way tonight had the wind shifted or something". It's having to make a call and you make one, but it's close.

3ish in a subcaption means "This corps was decisively better tonight. It is not an insurmountable hill, but I can confidently say this is so tonight", and really anything from 5 on is basically "this corps is on a completely different level in this subcaption right now".