Metamora Madness! 7/9/2014

Especially when Bluecoats took percussion against BD prior to this show and Cadets took percussion prior to that the BD/BC showdown.

I made this point about 50 posts ago... suggesting that all of the catty discussion from last night was completely pointless.

The comparisons between bd and coats vs bd and cadets vs coats and cadets indicate that the 1-ish point spread is whimsical and competitive... not a clear lead.

Of course when I suggested that a certain corps undefeated streak did not indicate a clear lead based on similar principles a few days ago... I got laughed at.

So... one more time... <2 point total spreads at this point in the season indicates captions and sub captions that are competitive. When as many as 4 corps will likely trade captions... the 2nd place consistent caption holder can become the champion.

• Like 4

I think this is one of the reasons touring out to Cali helps top tier corps competitively. You see full panels early which has lots of judges

seeing you and therefore less "first reads". All in all, one point is manageable at this point in the season but I hope Cadets put their changes in sooner than later as judges start to tentatively slot mid July IMO so you want to be the perceived top guy as soon as you can.

Edited by theCHEZman

Let me save you the time geluf even though this forum is apparently your job.

Yes I made a "sweeping generalization" that since the Cadets were beat by a full point after listening to DCP sing their praises for the last month. I also attempted to correct that and at least get you to admit it's BD's to lose but you chose to ignore that attempt at correcting my "sweeping generalization". I will still says it's BD's championship to lose.

I bow to your and THeShadeOfNight's indepth knowledge of DCI and amazing first hand knowledge of how judging works.

I'm not sure where you read about DCP praises for the Cadets on DCP all season? If anything, it was "yes, they won but..."

So, with 4 corps all within one point, the reality is, which show will undergo the proper changes and blossom into the new champion? IMO, BD and Bloo are cranking right now which makes me think Crown cleans up and makes the necessary changes and Cadets make their additions including a real Cadets ending and these are the two that wind up 1-2.

"Epic" is NOT the word of Summer 2014!

Ugggh this anticipation is KILLING me.

How about "mojo?" :shutup:

I'm not sure where you read about DCP praises for the Cadets on DCP all season? If anything, it was "yes, they won but..."

Apparently he wasn't on the same Drum Corps Planet.

• Like 2

actually the comparable part comes to play in the subcaptions. 1-3 tenths in a subcaption means on any given day...you look at the recap and you see lots of "on any given day" places.

it's July 9th. we havent even hit Slurpee day ( aka 7/11). DCI this year more than ever seems to have embraced the philosophy of "judge the show of the day" this year than we've seen since the old school tick system days.

And who's really winning? The fans. You can't claim people are being slotted this year. You'll see movement all over. I just saw OC beat PC...first time ever? Holy #### this season is going to be fun! So freaking the #### out over numbers with a month to go is assinine. Hell most corps don't even have their major changes in yet

I know its not explicitly on the sheets, but its not hard to extrapolate that spread over a total score. Assuming an average of .2 in every sub caption, you end up with a total score gap of 1.0.

Edit: Whoops. Some shoddy math.

Edited by actucker

Especially when Bluecoats took percussion against BD prior to this show and Cadets took percussion prior to that the BD/BC showdown.

and the funny thing is of all of the averaged captions, percussion is the key.

Why?

Because drum judges aren't afraid to put spreads out there. Every one else nickels and dimes

I think this is one of the reasons touring out to Cali helps top tier corps competitively. You see full panels early which has lots of judges

seeing you and therefore less "first reads". All in all, one point is manageable at this point in the season but I hope Cadets put their changes in sooner than later as judges start to tentatively slot mid July IMO so you want to be the perceived top guy as soon as you can.

the whole 5 person panel thing is a joke.

Look, I know everyone's got dirt on the field early on, and people want the big picture input.

But....you can get a lot of good info on the field early that can be used to help upstairs as well. Drills is just as unsafe in August as it is in June the way everyone makes changes. You can literally see a corps three days in a row and there's changes to patterns that allow judges, especially the drum guys, out on the field. Even just deep cleaning can do that.