Nashville lineup

Finals in not tomorrow.

Again, past success is not a guarantee of future success.

You're changing your statement. I never said anything about any guarantee. But if Corps A beats Corps B 20 times out of 20, the odds are very good that they will continue to beat Corps B.

You're changing your statement. I never said anything about any guarantee. But if Corps A beats Corps B 20 times out of 20, the odds are very good that they will continue to beat Corps B.

You are correct that I did not say what I intended to say at first.

I don't think they'll stay out of the top at all. They've pretty much got this DCI judging era figured out, especially now that the stuff they tried (and failed) to do in 2005 is now pretty much accepted.

They don't give their kids fast moving drill very often, and they pump up "demand" by utilizing incredibly exposed sections with minimal visual stress. The days are gone when it comes to relying on velocity and drive. Instead they just perfect more manageable sections of music. As a result the kids are never gassed at any point in the show. They have a stranglehold on talent and don't even have to worry about recruiting very much since their own success drives the most well-off kids to audition for them. Their colorguard has a history that builds recruitment, and their constant reliance on objects to add visual depth in a show is obviously working well with the judges. (despite only using white as a prop palate year after year). Their staff is rock solid and has minimal change year after year. They have a farm system of 2 more corps in the wings.

Couple this with the fact that no other corps is truly trying anything new to change the game, BD really should be winning every year. It's kind of insane to me that Cadets and Crown were able to take them out the past few years. Cavaliers owned the early 00's until corps caught up and did the "complete package" better than them. We had a glitch in the system with Phantom Regiment riding into 1st place exclusively on GE and Music talent, and now we're living in the "least stressful perfect show" age.

This is a pretty accurate assessment. BD has the DCI system down to a science and beating them now is pretty much a lucky break.

Comfy?? Those things look like styrofoam lol...

Actually, they are a tad firm. They are made out of styrofoam. I spent 6 hours one day before season painting some of them.

Called it!

Yes it is.

In DCI it is, but not in the real world... :tounge2:

I guess I'm the only one that actually thinks BD is scoring right where they should be...

You mean 0.6 less than they got two nights ago? :tounge2:

(Seriously, I fully expect Devils to win it all and they probably deserve it.)

What the heck is going on tomorrow that everyone keeps talking about??

Atlanta...

• Like 1