Official Atlanta/Southeastern Regional running thread

wow you guys are defensive...

I just hope (and frankly think) they'll go in a different direction next year - this year got away from them a little bit

isn't the first time this has happened - a lot of the same folks had this issue in Cadets 91 and Cadets 2006, again with incredible membership talent both of those years... Just like Crown this year

Crown looked great last night - they are my dark horse for second and I really think can/very well likely will take Cadets out

Cadets know they need to address GE now and will. They are solid in all captions. They are making the adjustments just like Crown has so reserve your judgement on a Cadets being overcome by Crown until all the changes are in.

Cadets know they need to address GE now and will. They are solid in all captions. They are making the adjustments just like Crown has so reserve your judgement on a Cadets being overcome by Crown until all the changes are in.

Hopkins is saying the upcoming changes are designed to "pull at your heartstrings" - frankly that sounds like a sappy banner to me

I happen to think they need some balls to the wall drill added. And if they struggle to clean it by finals so be it.

The show moves too slow - slow sections are fine but they need more velocity to balance it out - even with the recent tempo changes

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

By "pulling at your heartstrings", I hope he doesn't mean something like the white tarp thingies they put on the field in 2011. They were gonna win without those, and it really did nothing for the show as far as my perspective goes.

Firetrucks.

• Like 1

I absolutely think they could've put other 'spacey' songs in there without beating us over the head with hornline runs.

That's my own OPINION, or personal preference. They're winning brass, so they did a fantastic job competitively.

Remember, it's just a preference. I watched the show with a non-drum corps savvy friend and they remarked "Why did they play something that sounded like warm-up scales/exercises for half of the show? They were great, but it's too much"

I tend to agree. Just a preference, that's all.

I'm not bashing Carolina Crown.

The show sounds like a bunch of warm ups...? Can I please see/hear what warm ups you're using?

Hopkins is saying the upcoming changes are designed to "pull at your heartstrings" - frankly that sounds like a sappy banner to me

I happen to think they need some balls to the wall drill added. And if they struggle to clean it by finals so be it.

The show moves too slow - slow sections are fine but they need more velocity to balance it out - even with the recent tempo changes

1. They cranked the tempos yesterday ( BD has some tempos that are lethargic and hasn't hurt them).

2. They haven't put any changes in yet and still only one corps all summer has beat them. (BD).

3. They have been good with the changes SO FAR so I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

4. They are still in contention for the gold until proven otherwise which is done one else winning finals in two weeks.

Edited by theCHEZman

Cut the narrator guy and they could win. Until then I simply can't stomach that show.

Agreed. As instrumental as the Cadets were in bring narration to the fore front, they remain poor ambassadors of it. The stage, the narration, the syrupy way it is delivered......nope.