SCV not in 1st? why?!@?!?!

I am not kidding....

Why is SCV not in first place?!?!?!?!

This is the most heart wrenching beautiful. show ever done on a field yet it's barely scratching 3rd? NO wAY HOSER!

Many good reason they are not.but here's the top 10

10. Too many melodies

9. A show that is emotional

8 Not enough un needed block chords that show the art of stagger breathing that is so "in" this year

7. Not enough useless crap on the field

6. No use of narration to confuse or lecture the people in the stands

5 Not one table featured on the field

4 Guard uniforms actually make sense with the show

3 Musical runs that actually make sense with regards to the actual music played and just not stuck somewhere to show the Arban abilities

2 No use of laying down to create a company front from 30 to 30

1. Lack of time for the slow people to notice the mirror image SCV appear and disappear as well as the number 1

• Like 3

I am not kidding....

Why is SCV not in first place?!?!?!?!

This is the most heart wrenching beautiful. show ever done on a field yet it's barely scratching 3rd? NO wAY HOSER!

Programming

• Like 1

Programming

You must have missed the memo regarding not being THAT guy :poke:

Could be the use of trombones. ... (opens can of worms)

Because their percussion and color guard are the best things and it is not a winning formula. Because depending on the GE judge they could be anywhere. And because regionals and finals use 2 GE judges per caption, it is more likely that they wont have 2 very favorable GE judges.

Because Crown Brass is still top dog. And SCV is still not clean enough visually or musically to compete with BD, Cadets, or Crown. (Not counting percussion and guard)

But even if SCV finishes in 5th, it shouldnt be seen as a bad season. With such a competitive 3-5 someone will finish in 5th. And most agree that its an abnormally competitive bronze year.

The corps itself are taking steps forward. The musicality of the corps is much better than it has been in the last couple years, especially at the end of the show.

They really need "the right show" to win it. And the issue is "the right show" model changes every year.

I love SCV and probably my second favorite corp. I've followed them when they use to trade wins with BD though the 70's and 80s. My main beef with them in the 2000's has been their marching. This has been why they are not in contention. Much improved the last two years but it's still not up to par with BD or Cadets. I think they are on the right path but this top 5 is very good. They might be better this year does not mean they will medal. I think 4th or 5th is about right. I don't see them 3rd, 2nd and not even close to GOLD!!

• Like 1

Why is SCV currently not sitting in first place. Aside from the obvious scoring reasons. I have no idea. The fact the DCI judges are pretty much the same judges since 2000, its still probably only a coincidence that SCV is sitting in 5th right now when we look at the SCV results since 2000.

2000....4th

2001....4th

2002....4th

2003....5th

2004....3rd

2005....8th

2006....6th

2007....5th

2008....7th

2009....5th

2010....7th

2011....6th

2012....5th

2013....4th

Adding the placements since we entered the era of the 2000's, SCV has averaged 5th place over this time period of the last 14 DCI competitive seasons.

I have no idea either why its apparently such a surprise to some that SCV is currently sitting today in July 2014 in exactly the same placement position ( 5th ) that they have been on average for the last 15 years since we've entered the 2000's era.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I am not kidding...

Why are Blue Devils not in first....never mind.

:withstupid::glare::cry:

I love SCV and probably my second favorite corp. I've followed them when they use to trade wins with BD though the 70's and 80s. My main beef with them in the 2000's has been their marching. This has been why they are not in contention. Much improved the last two years but it's still not up to par with BD or Cadets. I think they are on the right path but this top 5 is very good. They might be better this year does not mean they will medal. I think 4th or 5th is about right. I don't see them 3rd, 2nd and not even close to GOLD!!

well I think youre answering your own question..Why? why is any corps not moving up...well the conspirators believe they are being kept out by the few at the top.( nonsense )..whether a corps improves or not means nothing. Why wouldnt other corps improve. It sucks , but it happens all the time. There are corps not in finals now a days that would of or could have been top 8 in the past. There are plenty of reasons why SCV is not or averages a placement in past years...here's a question ....why are BC as high as they are this year......in that answer is the answer as to why someone else is NOT in the top 3

ERMAHGERD WHER ERS MAH FRAVRIT CERPS NERT ERN FERST PLERC THERS YER?

​Edited for accuracy.

Edited by contrajedi8
  • Like 1

OMG WHY IS MY FRAVRIT CORPS NOT IN 1ST PLACE!?!?!?!

- Every single high school Bluecoats fan this year

• Like 3