Charlotte Chatterbox

Made a stop in Charlotte on my way home from Atlanta. Lots of energy in the stands, and the shows were overall very good, but you could sense that some corps were tired which is not unreasonable given the energy in Atlanta. Cadets were very good and the show was clean, but the narration was impossible to hear in my section and a few people at the 50 yard line could not hear it either. Cavies did have a good amount of energy and the crowd loved them. Spirit scored well but it dragged a bit at the end. Everyone loved "Willow." I'm hoping they won't loose steam this week. I'd love to see then featured in Big, Loud, and Live since the likelihood of being in finals sadly is slim. SCV has a great show and did a great job tonight. I love their confidence and while they placed 4th, it was still a phenomenal show. Due to my seat I saw BD from a different angle which gave me a better appreciation of it. I love the musical book and some of the visuals are impressive, but the drill and some visuals have been done in the past. I'm also not sure why they use the clothes rack again.Phantom struggled a bit tonight. I think portions of the show are great, but tonight it did not have the impact.

Crown deserved better than 3rd. The show was clean and had energy. The crowd loved it, no surprise since it's their home show. I thought they'd top Cadets though my theory could come from the fact Cadets appeared first and Crown concluded it. Nice tribute to founders but no encore due to weather threats. At least we did get to see all seven corps before the rain.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to the Massillon show.

Coats, Cadets, Crown, sCv in their final performances before Indy.

This is going to be an exciting night...GET YOUR TICKETS NOW...avoid the huge walk up line.

Crossmen, Crusaders, and BuiCks too. (The last is a nickname sometimes given to Phantom, right?)

I'm taking a number of friends, family, and coworkers to this show.

• Like 1

2nd night that Lo had a bottom line tie. Last night it was between Coats and Crown in Music Analysis. Tonight it was between Cadets and Devils in Brass. Strange for such an experienced judge.

Well at least SOMEONE likes them. Many people on here would have you believe they're not liked at all this year.

They are incredibly talented year in and year out. I am still hoping for more from them. The music is incredible. They are impeccably clean. I am hoping for a more dramatic and energized ending. I just wish they would do more with that stage-could you imagine if the guard tapped dance on that thing-mic'd ? Done right, I think it would work. I think this year lacks some incredible drill that I think I have taken for granted from them. You know when you see and hear something really great, but it seems to be lacking something that would push them over the top. This is how I fee this year.

• Like 1

They are incredibly talented year in and year out. I am still hoping for more from them. The music is incredible. They are impeccably clean. I am hoping for a more dramatic and energized ending. I just wish they would do more with that stage-could you imagine if the guard tapped dance on that thing-mic'd ? Done right, I think it would work. I think this year lacks some incredible drill that I think I have taken for granted from them. You know when you see and hear something really great, but it seems to be lacking something that would push them over the top. This is how I fee this year.

Agreed, and unlike BLOO, Devils and SCV, the Cadets possibly don't stage and feature their battery up front enough this year....they are more of a musical fabric than a spotlighted section with the exception of their diagonal run. Really want to see an emotional full ensemble drill and tutti at the end to leave everyone musically satisfied.

• Like 1

Where does it say this?

After one of the infamous ties, DCI did change tules to break the tie. I have forgotten exactly how since it hasn't been used but I think the person you are replying to is correct about averaging Prelim and semi scores. However, as much as I love Crown. Bloo, and SCV and their shows this year, and think they are worthy of a title, I do think that first and second will be BD and Cadets in that order. Perhaps there will be upsets in Allentown, a Buffalo, and Massilon, and given this season anything is possible, but I think the battle may be for third.

SCV stole the show for me last night. I had not seen them live since they were in California. A great show from everyone!

• Like 1