BD Guard - Appropriate?

Because to argue about the word inadvertently is nothing more than a useless exercise in subjectivity. One person can say "that inadvertently condones X." Another person can say "That doesn't inadvertently condone X." It's all based on personal opinion. I would need far more objective evidence in order to make the claim that a specific uniform of any nature inadvertently condones anything.

Hi, my name is Cavfan930 and I'll be your tour guide today. Here on the left, you see a sports competition being judged on what are ultimately subjective ideals of perfection. On the right, the internet forum most strongly associated with said activity. This forum exists entirely so fans of the sport can express their opinions, likes, and dislikes to people who share their same passion for the activity. We wish it could be entirely objective, but honestly, none of this would exist without someone's subjective opinion. And if you'll follow me down this way...

You're committing a logical fallacy again. The pigs are only symbols in the book. They aren't meant to be taken literal (I'm sure you know that). You can't compare that situation to what we're talking about.

What is a drum corps show but a microcosm? A reflection of some piece of art, a time in history, or an idea? Is the whole thing not a symbol?

Read my 2nd sentence. Do YOU think clothing stores are condoning the sexualization of women?

Clothing stores only sell the clothes. It is the designer of the clothes that could be condoning the sexualization of women.

To the OP. If you think today uniforms sexualize women, check out the Blue Stars color guard in the 70;s. It was nothing more than hot pants with a military slant.

Edited by deftguy

"Conservative Midwest culture" :doh::laugh:

Chicago, The Twin Cities, Madison, Detroit, etc., aren't exactly the bible belt.

Careful, shortn'sour. I fear that you are now inadvertently condoning the painting of the good, God-fearing people of our heartland as being less than what they are. :ninja:

• Like 1

"Conservative Midwest culture" :doh::laugh:

Chicago, The Twin Cities, Madison, Detroit, etc., aren't exactly the bible belt.

I agree with you, but I've heard that term thrown around many times over the years.

Read my 2nd sentence. Do YOU think clothing stores are condoning the sexualization of women?

Absolutely. Do you?

The real question is, do they achieve the "cheerleader effect," another subjective opinion that could cause more controversy bait. Discuss, puppets...er, I mean, people.

Clothing stores only sell the clothes. It is the designer of the clothes that could be condoning the sexualization of women.

What's even more interesting is that a lot of women are involved in the design process of the clothing that sexualizes women.