Who's Judging World Class in Indy?

Atlanta.

Not trying to pick a fight here...and I like the Cavs, but you really need to go back and take a look at the high cam vid of Atlanta. Seriously.

• Like 1

The fact that I was making fun of yours doesn't mean I've never heard of one-- I just thought it was particularly ridiculous.

There's nothing ridiculous bout' it. It's a very slight deviation from the "original" figure of speech.

There isn't much point in arguing over this with Anstig. His username is probably one of the examples in urban dictionary for "homer"

I'd say bad eyesight, being inept, or lack of knowledge are all possibilities. However a bias is more likely due to the trends in his scoring over the years. Why can't he be biased against just one corps? Why is it probable he is biased against many? It's important to note that the corp I believe there is a bias against has one of the most different show styles and brass textures in dci.

But Marie makes up for George.

What people don't understand is that if a judge really displays a bias towards a certain corps, the other corps can have the judge removed. The fact that they don't tells you something. Corps might have judges they like or don't like (I know we did when I was teaching), but it's rare that a corps staff will question a judge's credibility. DCI takes that sort of thing VERY seriously.

and with Comeptition Suite, judges recordings can be pulled at any time and listened to

G.O. is a good person and a good judge.

G.O. is a good person and a good judge.

triumph.pngFOR ME TO POOP ON!

• Like 2

The funny thing is that I maintain a database of every judge's score in every caption for every corps from the beginning of the season to now--and for the last two years. It offers some interesting insights that I only share with a limited number of people.

I don't feel DCP is the place to discuss those insights. The database is for my own use. So, if I wanted to discuss if there are judges favoring or not favoring certain corps, I have a trove of information to base it on. I just don't want to discuss it here.

Ah, a DCP classic.

1. Proclaim that you are privy to top-secret information or "insights".

2. State that even though mentioned it on a public form, you can't discuss it because it's not the right time or place, because you might blow your cover, or because highly sensitive drum corps information might be leaked that would affect the future of the world - nay, the universe.

3. Sit back and let the peons gawk at you in silent awe.

• Like 4

Ah, a DCP classic.

1. Proclaim that you are privy to top-secret information or "insights".

2. State that even though mentioned it on a public form, you can't discuss it because it's not the right time or place, because you might blow your cover, or because highly sensitive drum corps information might be leaked that would affect the future of the world - nay, the universe.

3. Sit back and let the peons gawk at you in silent awe.

Thank you. :-)

For the record. It isn't "top secret". The recaps are available to anyone. The data is available to anyone. It just takes a little work to record the results into a database where you can truly examine it. Anyone could do it. I wouldn't be surprised if some drum corps out there has people doing it.

• Like 1

But Marie makes up for George.

You have a point. Let's hope if George O is there Marie is also there. Though O always seemed to have more "radical" scoring in my eyes.