Staff merrigoround

i'm participating too. I stopped replying to Brasso. if you read, you'll see this.

• Like 1

It may be difficult for you as I have read posts from you over the past years but you are now just being a jack###.

Yes... Jeff is of late. He appears an angry dude, multiple profanities of his axed out above too on this very thread. People need to chill out. Nobody has a lock on" the truth "for heavens sake.

... Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming... " Staff Merrigoround " :.... Whats new ? Who is new ?

Have to say Phantoms changes are not what I was expecting. Losing the guard caption head and Jamey Thompson were HUGE losses. I wish them the best of luck.

Maybe.. maybe not. We only see this in a vaccumn.. a departure. But we don't know who the replacement will be. More importantly, sometimes the replacements work out well in the end.

Cavs fans thought we had reached the End Tmes when they lost Michael Gaines a couple of years ago.. They did go thru growing pains with his replacement, but from the looks of it, they have rebounded well of late despite his loss.

Maybe.. maybe not. We only see this in a vaccumn.. a departure. But we don't know who the replacement will be. More importantly, sometimes the replacements work out well in the end.

Cavs fans thought we had reached the End Tmes when they lost Michael Gaines a couple of years ago.. They did go thru growing pains with his replacement, but from the looks of it, they have rebounded well of late despite his loss.

But always a carousel of people in and out of the Regiment design house...save one.

• Like 2

I don't know ... it worked for THESE guys for a long time.

three-stooges.jpg

And no doubt some shed no tears that all 3 have now left the " Planet " ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Maybe HUGE in capitals was a little of an overstatement. I don't think it'll drop Phantom out of finals or that kind of crazy talk, but those were what I would call the strong points from 2011 - 2014, I'll miss their work. I'm interested to see the programming, regardless of whoever they pick up, I think it'll come to programming.

• Like 3

But always a carousel of people in and out of the Regiment design house...save one.

I actually enjoyed Phantom Regiment of late. Their biggest issue competitively was that it appreared they had an unusually young and inexperienced Corps this year compared to previous Phantom Reg. Corps editions... I heard something like 100 marchers were marching their first season of Drum Corps ( not sure that is accurate or not... but that what I was told by someone well connected there, anyway ).

I do agree that Phantom's staff alignment is in transition of late, and its unclear what will happen. That said, I recall reading here on DCP at Phantom's premier standstill performance in early June that Phantom was in terrible shape, and more than 1 DCP poster stated they'd be in dire position of missing Finals . Remember that angst back in early June from quite a few here on DCP regarding 2014 Phantom Regiment ? , I do. That thread discussion and DCP'er assessments is still here on DCP a few pages back... But if they were that terrible, their staff couldn't likwise be as terrible, as they were able to turn around this " terrible " Phantom Regiment 2014 Corps, and do quite nicely by Finals Nite, imo.... especially given the 2014 Phantom Reg. marchers alleged greenness to Drum Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

I actually enjoyed Phantom Regiment of late. Their biggest issue competitively was that it appreared they had an unusually young and inexperienced Corps this year compared to previous Phantom Reg. Corps editions... I heard something like 100 marchers were marching their first season of Drum Corps ( not sure that is accurate or not... but that what I was told by someone well connected there, anyway ).

I do agree that Phantom's staff alignment is in transition of late, and its unclear what will happen. That said, I recall reading here on DCP at Phantom's premier standstill performance in early June that Phantom was in terrible shape, and more than 1 DCP poster stated they'd be in dire position of missing Finals . Remember that angst back in early June from quite a few here on DCP regarding 2014 Phantom Regiment ? , I do. That thread discussion and DCP'er assessments is still here on DCP a few pages back... But if they were that terrible, their staff couldn't likwise be as terrible, as they were able to turn around this " terrible " Phantom Regiment 2014 Corps, and do quite nicely by Finals Nite, imo.... especially given the 2014 Phantom Reg. marchers alleged greenness to Drum Corps.

I don't recall Angst being with Regiment in June, but we now know he is with Crown for next year, at any rate..

What???

Oh....never mind. :tounge2:

• Like 3