Staff merrigoround

lol....hey you have been around almost as long DUDE!

I dunno man...I think you got a few years on than me.

Very unfortunate that some of the people the quickest to jump on commentary as being "off topic" are the ones derailing the thread because of some perceived tension in it.

Youre right but there is derailing something not purposely and then there are those who purposely derail almost every thread to push their agenda. It's so easy to see ,it is usually because it's the same 4 or 5 subjects interjected in the most unusual places.lol

Lincoln, you are welcome but to clarify, social media is foreign to me.

I am not on Facebook, I do not text, I do not tweet. I do not receive texts or tweets. It's "pretty sad" but I do not know how to do any of these social media things…nor am I interested.

I do not have any sources in the Regiment orbit.

I rely on good-old-fashioned digging, and sometimes luck, to track down the type of news posted above. In this case, it was more luck than digging, i.e., when I checked the Regiment's news section yesterday, the Staff Bios for the new guys were listed, all with dates of 9-1-14. I thought it strange then that I had not seen any reports in the past 10 days of these new hires. I then entered Boughton into the search block onsite and discovered the release dated 9-15-14.

I presume that the Regiment has its own reasons for choosing to delay the timing of this news release but…so be it.

1956OPR - I'm sorry I didn't explain it better. My post was not about you. It was about info being available somewhere, available on some portions of a site, yet somehow hidden from the average viewer who doesn't know about digging.

I think you need to look up the definition of troll and see how you project that image to a T.

You complain that you take nothing I say as relevant but have the time and effort to always make snide comments while never adding anything of substance. It's probably because you can't. I've actually been behind the scenes and seen the crap that goes on and have heard it directly from those it happened to. Refuting my claims with "no, that's not it" or some non sequitur is all you can come up with? Take a seat.

If you think all is hunky dory in Regiment land, then fine.

But if you know things aren't (which the massive rolling staff roster, lack of vet retention, lower quality product and placement indicate) and you have the history you have with the corps and you're the one not doing anything about it...then that's pretty pathetic.

Take a whole row of ####### seats.

And pi$$ing and moaning in a chat room is gonna fix anything. I really don't think you have any interest in my opinion on the state of drum corps as it exists today, so I won't harp on ad nauseum as you do. Troll indeed.

Sorry. I'm just sick and tired of his useless bitter attacks.

No more bitter than your resentment towards certain members of the board. Perhaps you passed over my history with the corps. Look up the name Dave Barlow and see how long I've been involved with the Regiment. I certainly have nothing to hide. Why do you? Honestly, why?