Staff merrigoround

Lincoln, you are welcome but to clarify, social media is foreign to me.

I am not on Facebook, I do not text, I do not tweet. I do not receive texts or tweets. It's "pretty sad" but I do not know how to do any of these social media things…nor am I interested.

I do not have any sources in the Regiment orbit.

I rely on good-old-fashioned digging, and sometimes luck, to track down the type of news posted above. In this case, it was more luck than digging, i.e., when I checked the Regiment's news section yesterday, the Staff Bios for the new guys were listed, all with dates of 9-1-14. I thought it strange then that I had not seen any reports in the past 10 days of these new hires. I then entered Boughton into the search block onsite and discovered the release dated 9-15-14.

I presume that the Regiment has its own reasons for choosing to delay the timing of this news release but…so be it.

All I will say is social media IS the new word-of-mouth...

I have, on multiple occasions, given counterpoint to your versions of "how it happened", giving plenty of information as to how events actually unfolded. The departure of the Rennicks being the first one that comes to mind. No need to dredge it up now, but I wanted to give you an example. Understand that, not knowing your involvement with the organization past or present, along with your insistence that you can't even share your identity in confidence, your statements are bound to be taken with a grain of salt. If you are bothered or offended by people involved with the organization challenging your interpretation of events, it would help you to realize that the opposition may not come from the meat of what you are saying, but the way you are saying it combined with the way you are using anonymity to allow you to give half-stories and generalities in the interest of maintaining said anonymity.

Well said. Thank you. And thank you for your hard work as a marching member.

not in drums. Until now.

They still won't get the "highest level of recruits" in percussion. Those guys will continue to go where the innovating, new-school percussion guys are. But the new Crown percussion staff should be able to take a step forward with the recruits they have now, who really underachieved the last few years. If Tom is there full time, awesome. The real story will be told by who he brings in for his team, and if they change directions in terms of percussion design.

They still won't get the "highest level of recruits" in percussion. Those guys will continue to go where the innovating, new-school percussion guys are. But the new Crown percussion staff should be able to take a step forward with the recruits they have now, who really underachieved the last few years. If Tom is there full time, awesome. The real story will be told by who he brings in for his team, and if they change directions in terms of percussion design.

Travis in to tech helps draw on someone with a ton of contacts in a fertile recruiting area

Ok...I have nothing against you, Kamarag, but where are all the Crown Alumi who have absolutely pounced on me personally for saying similar things? I don't even suggest like Kamarag does that the recruits have underperformed for Crown the last few years. I'm sorry, some Crown alumi have a double standard when it comes to who can say what when there seems to be a good amount of truth to it.

I don't mean to bring the heat on you, Kamarag. I am trying to point out to certain users about the double standard they have to attack me more personally on DCP and in private messaging when I say similar things simply because I marched with Crown from 90-92, but to let a statement like yours, which is true to a certain extent, slide right by without hardly saying a word.

Ok...I have nothing against you, Kamarag, but where are all the Crown Alumi who have absolutely pounced on me personally for saying similar things? I don't even suggest like Kamarag does that the recruits have underperformed for Crown the last few years. I'm sorry, some Crown alumi have a double standard when it comes to who can say what when there seems to be a good amount of truth to it.

I don't mean to bring the heat on you, Kamarag. I am trying to point out to certain users about the double standard they have to attack me more personally on DCP and in private messaging when I say similar things simply because I marched with Crown from 90-92, but to let a statement like yours, which is true to a certain extent, slide right by without hardly saying a word.

1. I am not a Crown alumnus

2. I call it like I see it. Some people agree, many do not. I don't much care either way.

3. I don't particularly care what your opinion is on the subject one way or another, at least no more than I do most other anonymous posters on DCP, and that's not an insult.

I'm a pretty big Crown fan, but I'm also one that has a pretty decent grasp on what it takes to put a championship-level corps on the field. Crown's percussion lines have been pretty loaded with talent over the last five plus years. The talent in that section is no worse than it is in the brass or guard, but they haven't performed to the level of the other two sections. Do you disagree? I doubt many people will. I've also been of the opinion (running contrary to the comments of many others) that the percussion design has actually been pretty good in that same span of time. What's not been so good is their level of execution. If there are Crown alumni that disagree with that assessment, they are certainly welcome to debate it.

• Like 1

I know it may not matter to you, (no insult taken), and I agree minus number 1. By the way, Kamarag...the Crown alumi that have been on my tail can't really debate it, which is why they get more personal in their assessment. I have blocked four users (Crown alums) because all they tell me is to be apart of the solution, not the problem. That is a non assessment that I no longer respond to from them. It seems to be a response for the purpose of producing guilt.

Edited by Nachfolger Christi

1. I am not a Crown alumnus

2. I call it like I see it. Some people agree, many do not. I don't much care either way.

3. I don't particularly care what your opinion is on the subject one way or another, at least no more than I do most other anonymous posters on DCP, and that's not an insult.

I'm a pretty big Crown fan, but I'm also one that has a pretty decent grasp on what it takes to put a championship-level corps on the field. Crown's percussion lines have been pretty loaded with talent over the last five plus years. The talent in that section is no worse than it is in the brass or guard, but they haven't performed to the level of the other two sections. Do you disagree? I doubt many people will. I've also been of the opinion (running contrary to the comments of many others) that the percussion design has actually been pretty good in that same span of time. What's not been so good is their level of execution. If there are Crown alumni that disagree with that assessment, they are certainly welcome to debate it.

I disagree that the level of talent at Crown is the same in percussion as it is in brass. I can think of several cases where a percussionist has marched Crown and the following year moved on to march somewhere else. That's indicative of a lack of ability to draw the highest level talent. You think that happens at Blue Devils? Bluecoats? Cadets? You think that happens in the brass section at Crown? Its a strange phenomenon, but its a fact. I'm not suggesting that this is the only problem at Crown. These things tend to be more complicated than one simple factor. Talent is an issue, however.