Show ideas for next year's corps?

maybe i'm going off on a whim here but . . . . . . wouldn't anyone like to see Crown do a Latin music show? i'm talking about a Madison '95 - like show. with their power and sound, any hard pounding latin show they put would be so earth-shaking that anyone watching would have their faces peeled back! I've been thinking this since 2012

That'd be pretty interesting, definitely a new direction for them. Then again they could probably play anything and make it sound amazing.

Edited by DrumManTx

Cadets should do a show based on a maze. Crazy drill with certain sections navigating through a maze (of members, not props), and music that is crazy hard and frenetic....and a ballad that's as dark as the aftermath of an earthquake.

That show would be amazing...even if it wasn't. :cool:

maybe i'm going off on a whim here but . . . . . . wouldn't anyone like to see Crown do a Latin music show? i'm talking about a Madison '95 - like show. with their power and sound, any hard pounding latin show they put would be so earth-shaking that anyone watching would have their faces peeled back! I've been thinking this since 2012

Crown sorta did something like that with the Mask of Zorro in 2000. They could pull it off but I feel like it doesn't really fit them very well. They're a "power corps" but not in the way way needed to do a Latin show in my opinion.

I really hope that sometime soon a corps does Peter Gabriel's take on Arcade Fire's "My Body is a Cage."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeFezGJF7mA

The original song by Arcade Fire is great, but I really, really like what Peter Gabriel does with it. Specifically the stuff around 2:30 - 4:10. Tell me that wouldn't be a kick*** ballad.

So, was really thinking about this one in kind of an "anti DCI" frame of mind (which would probably win the fans over but result in not placing in the top 12) that aside, here's the show:

The Way We Were

1st # The Way We Were - Maynard Ferguson

2nd# Don't Let the Sun go Down on Me - Maynard Ferguson

3rd# The Wonder of You (Reprise) - Elvis Presley (including Vocals)

Now, they would have to recruit some unreal Renegade type trumpet soloists to do this but, I would love to see the Regiment do this as a "Bite me" sort of show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm6g3ATwLdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtTYSLZ84eY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3-BFC5XPI

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 1

You're priceless.

Everything I've Done could be something akin to what the Dancer in the Dark section was to the 2005 show; a spiritual spiritual relative of sorts...

Really, it could have deeper meaning for the Cadets. If you look at the lyrics to Everything I've Done it could mean a lot of things to a lot of people.... Tekk, I think you got a great idea for a show, and I honestly think this could be a good piece of music to fit into that show...

I wonder what Boston will borrow from other corps in 2015. They seem to like to borrow as well.

What have they "borrowed "? Was Animal Farm "borrowed"? I'm not even sure how playing music played before can be characterized as "borrowing". Does "borrowed" music have to be returned?

Unless you are trying to pander to the judging community to win Gold or break into the top 12 PLEASE take chances:

Try the unplugged idea, you might sell $50,000 in tee shirts even if you come in 18th place.

Play a musical, Wicked would be awesome. Be the best show of the night and come in 16th place.

Play whole songs, you won't win but there is nothing wrong with 14-22 place.

Don't play a DCI classic if you are a lower placing Open Class corps. Why subject yourselves to that?

Our 2015 production "Pander". Pander to the crowd. You might come in 17th place but you'll get the first spring loaded standing O of the night and 500 kids will show up at your 2016 audition camp.

Whatever you do, if its clean you will be loved. Artsy/Fartsy is ok, but dirty it is unbearable.

• Like 2