Fans jump up in acceptance of electronics.

So can we finally say Electronics is good for Drum Corps? I think the fans love of Bluecoats should put the argument to rest. People could not stand fast enough in Lucas Oil for the push of a button so I think this proves Electronics and amplification of the pit did not kill Drum Corps.

Can we finally say drum corps is now fully bando, and most who don't like electronics left the activity behind? If that's "acceptance", then, yeah, sure.

• Like 3

So can we finally say Electronics is good for Drum Corps? I think the fans love of Bluecoats should put the argument to rest. People could not stand fast enough in Lucas Oil for the push of a button so I think this proves Electronics and amplification of the pit did not kill Drum Corps.

Bluecoats have been doing well with electronics since 2005.

One groups successful incorporation doesn't make a general movement in opinion.

• Like 1

If 1 out of the 219 shows that have competed in championships since 2009 is evidence enough for you, sure. I don't mind them, actually enjoy them more than the average fan, but that's the FIRST time I've seen widespread enjoyment of an electronic effect. I personally love Bluecoats use year in year out, but since 2009, that's still just 6.

Edited by DrumManTx

Couldn't agree more that Bluecoats do it better than anyone else, but that being said I listened very closely to the use of electronics

this past week in Indy and I cannot think of one show that would have been BETTER without them.

My opinion of course...others can feel free to disagree, but the things amplification and use of synthesizers have brought to the front ensembles have turned out to be a big positive for me.

That doesn't mean that SOME still may not use them well at all times, but some corps don't use their BRASS and BATTERY well at times too.

• Like 1

I think this issue has been beaten into the ground. It all depends on how they are used.

• Like 2

Can we finally say drum corps is now fully bando, and most who don't like electronics left the activity behind? If that's "acceptance", then, yeah, sure.

...and yet here you are.

• Like 4

Probably the least “electronic” electronics usage ever though considering it was a recording of their hornline.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

Bluecoats have been doing well with electronics since 2005.

One groups successful incorporation doesn't make a general movement in opinion.

exactly. what Bloo did was fresh and innovative. Still way too many corps dumping on the low end synth

• Like 1