Opinions on Uniforms for 2014--helped or hindered?

If this is the case, then its a logical no brainer then that Crown ( that went to 1st to 5th ) will be ditching their uniforms after this season. Thats because if we accept your position, the uniform choice Corps make ( your words ) " effects more than most think ".

But this is just plain silly, imo. Crown went from 1st to 5th in one season, and this uniform choice of theirs ( as bad as it was in my opinion ) had virtually nothing at all to do with their finishing either 5th this season, nor 1st last season.

If anybody such as yourself wants to share with us what placements were effected this season with the judges by choices of uniforms, I'd be glad to hear of it, Otherwise, it seems to me that uniform choices are " much less " than what most think, not ( as you state here ) " more than what most think ".

the blue highlighted visual dirt because it was such a loud blue

• Like 1

Boston should take a lead from the Alumni Corps. Their unis are SHARP and classic looking. The red and black work well together but one Colour should not dominate.

• Like 1

While blue and black seemed to be the "required" colors for every corps to wear this year, even Cadets, it struck me as odd choices given the surroundings.

Given the black curtains added to LOS for concerts, the circus, and championships' week, wearing black in the uniform only made the field/stage seem smaller by drawing the boundaries in visually.

The Indianapolis Colts, from whom DCI borrows the stadium, not the other way around as many of us love to believe in our fantasies, wear a particular shade of blue manifested in the markings on the field including at the 50. The stadium seats are a slightly different shade of blue from the center field marking and 99,9 per cent of the uniforms. It all led to fuzziness rather than clarity. Some corps were not distinctive from their surroundings as they might have been.

With so many hues of the rainbow color wheel to choose from, this may be another aspect about why the #purplepantsband costume was more effective than this year's version.

Edited by xandandl

The Indianapolis Colts, from whom DCI borrows the stadium, not the other way around as many of us love to believe in our fantasies, wear a particular shade of blue manifested in the markings on the field including at the 50.

Interesting point. As nice as it is to have a professional football stadium with the finest playing surfaces on which to perform, sometimes all the markings (yard marks along the hashes and sidelines, large numbers on the yard lines, and especially the large logos on the 50) sometimes get in the way of visual clarity. Give me a clear field with nothing but clearly marked yardlines and hash marks, and I'm good.

Interesting point. As nice as it is to have a professional football stadium with the finest playing surfaces on which to perform, sometimes all the markings (yard marks along the hashes and sidelines, large numbers on the yard lines, and especially the large logos on the 50) sometimes get in the way of visual clarity. Give me a clear field with nothing but clearly marked yardlines and hash marks, and I'm good.

I continue to be surprised that the staffs don't do a better job working around all the markings. Unlike other stadiums on the tour, they really know what to expect for finals week, and can design stuff so it doesn't create huge visual clutter on the paint. One example of not doing this: Boston during their Les Miz show a few years ago staged a moment with the guard (dressed in blue) spinning all-white flags in the endzone. The endzone that was painted with giant white INDIANAPOLIS letters on a blue background. Total visual train wreck that was recorded as "the" version to save for posterity. That certainly could have been avoided with a bit of foresight.

While blue and black seemed to be the "required" colors for every corps to wear this year, even Cadets, it struck me as odd choices given the surroundings.

Given the black curtains added to LOS for concerts, the circus, and championships' week, wearing black in the uniform only made the field/stage seem smaller by drawing the boundaries in visually.

The Indianapolis Colts, from whom DCI borrows the stadium, not the other way around as many of us love to believe in our fantasies, wear a particular shade of blue manifested in the markings on the field including at the 50. The stadium seats are a slightly different shade of blue from the center field marking and 99,9 per cent of the uniforms. It all led to fuzziness rather than clarity. Some corps were not distinctive from their surroundings as they might have been.

With so many hues of the rainbow color wheel to choose from, this may be another aspect about why the #purplepantsband costume was more effective than this year's version.

that particular shade of purple works so well indoors as well as outdoors. It's like an orchid color and when broken down I believe has red in it. There are other real purples that have black in it and blue which on a field or indoors just comes off as black and fades away in comparison. I've used it ALOT and that crown purple works every time whether in a uniform or a flag.

The color of Crown's trampolines were another color clutter when seen against the stadium curtains which were the same color as the tramp skirts. While Crown adjusted the placement of the tramps so as to alleviate the clutter, the four black globs with the black endzone curtains and backfield curtains made the scene claustrophobic from the top box viewing I had for Finals week. Earlier on some here on DCP suggested that the skirts should have been a green to blend with the field as if those on the tramps were "floating in air."

All of this is surprising since their drill designer is a Hoosier and their show coordinator comes from down the road a few.

the blue highlighted visual dirt because it was such a loud blue

Except for that weird fact that Crown had a 19.6 both years in vis proficiency, good enough for 2nd last year and 3rd this year.

• Like 1