Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Suggestion: Do to limited space needed for two adults and two dogs for the drive East, could someone attending the SF consider bringing their copies of The History of D&BC. Thanks.

Edited by Ghost

Suggestion: Do to limit space needed for two adults and two dogs for the drive East, could someone attending the SF consider bringing their copies of The History of D&BC. Thanks.

Elaborate, please.

Interesting all the good things happening for the BAC kids over 015. Their resume will be full of good music and summer fun, with the top people in the world. The kids will have a experience greater than the DCI world championship. Boston has done a lot for the music and arts over the past several years. Thank you BAC for all that you have done.

• Like 1

Elaborate, please.

Suggestion= Not an order.

Do to limited space for two adults and two dogs for the drive East=We're driving back to MA for six weeks.

Could someone attending the SF=The Boston Crusaders annual Spring Fling on June 12th.

Consider bringing their copies of The History of D&BC.=Not a lot of people spent the money to buy their own copies. http://www.amazon.com/History-Drum-Bugle-Corps-One/dp/B00152949K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433453667&sr=8-3&keywords=A+History+of+Drum+%26+Bugle+Corps

Thanks=A word used to show gratitude.

Suggestion: Do to limited space needed for two adults and two dogs for the drive East, could someone attending the SF consider bringing their copies of The History of D&BC. Thanks.

Hi Ghost. I don't have a copy, but I know somebody in BAC Sr's that will be in attendance this nite, has a copy ( or used to ) and I'll shoot off a text to him now to bring it along if he can.

Edited by BRASSO

Not sure where Brasso got their info from. Percussion AND Brass sections are involved. And it's the Pops not the BSO. Same parent organization, seperate musical groups.

From the Tanglewood website:

"Tanglewood Brass Spectacular!

Members of the Boston Pops brass and percussion sections perform a one-of-a-kind concert with two of the world's best drum-and-bugle corps: the Boston Crusaders, the third-oldest drum corps in America, celebrating their 75th anniversary; and the sixteen-time Drum Corps International World Champion Blue Devils from Concord, California."

I actually thought this was just percussion as well...guess I heard wrong.

Suggestion= Not an order.

Do to limited space for two adults and two dogs for the drive East=We're driving back to MA for six weeks.

Could someone attending the SF=The Boston Crusaders annual Spring Fling on June 12th.

Consider bringing their copies of The History of D&BC.=Not a lot of people spent the money to buy their own copies. http://www.amazon.com/History-Drum-Bugle-Corps-One/dp/B00152949K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433453667&sr=8-3&keywords=A+History+of+Drum+%26+Bugle+Corps

Thanks=A word used to show gratitude.

I've done some introductory searching on-line for this, and the only thing I've found so far is a copy (new) listing for $110.00. I'm not sure that I'm up to that kind of outlay right now...but if I find a better deal, I'll let you know. And by the way....I wasn't aware of what "SF" referred to...obviously, I won't be in attendance for that. However, I'll try like hell to find you at Tanglewood. :colgate::colgate::colgate: Thank you for the clarification, Sir.

Taken directly from the June 2015 Edition of Drum Corps World ( gosh, I still remember waiting for scores in DCW paper edition BITD) and quoting David Simon from BAC...

...The overall storyboard envisions the field as a game of Risk, beginning with four Kingdoms, and then consolidating to three, then two and finally one Kingdom by the conclusion of the show.

Visually, the program is set in medieval times, melding the look of 'Braveheart' and 'Game of Thrones.' The theme from the HBO series functions as a pop culture touchstone and the rest of the music is as exciting and moving as anything the corps has ever played.

Sounds like a pretty broad story-line to work with IMO...I can't wait to see it! :smile:

• Like 2