Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Which I understand, but they don't need those synch rights to your and perform their show, as well as announce it.

My point is that they may have done their job until August, but the synch rights are a much more complicated and time consuming process that they may not have an answer to yet.

It's possible they have ALL clearance taken care of, but unless they started working out the rights in the fall directly after the season ended, we may not know the answer until much later.

I know all of that obviously, but what I was asking was about the sync rights too. Basically ALL rights for everything they want to do. Hope that's all done so that I everyone can enjoy them in the future. All the corps haven't been 100% on that the last several years, so it's a legitimate worry.

I know all of that obviously, but what I was asking was about the sync rights too. Basically ALL rights for everything they want to do. Hope that's all done so that I everyone can enjoy them in the future. All the corps haven't been 100% on that the last several years, so it's a legitimate worry.

You're right. Unfortunately though, it is on average a 9-12 month process so I'm sure they've begun working on sync rights, as corps do every year but some may not work out.

Like I said before to truly program and have those rights set before picking alternatives, they would have to begin the design process much earlier than most corps do.

We can hope, but I think it's more likely that they are still in the process of working out sync rights.

It's really a ###### spot it puts these corps in, but unfortunately due to sites that gave allowed people to put up copyrighted material without permission like YouTube, Back in the day Napster, countless other sites and apps, people are more stingy on giving rights due to the loss of revenue they experienced, and in turn has caused issues with our beloved activity.

From I have been told (by at least one corps director), the deletions on post-season Blue Rays are not always due to the failure of the corps to pursue or secure rights. Apparently, some publishers have changed their position and withdrawn such rights, well into the season. C'est la vie ...

DCI should set aside an upcoming season and require all corps to use pre-1923 or other public domain works, just for fun.

From an emotional point of view, the "5 Variants" could end up being this year's "Hymn of Axciom."

• Like 1

From an emotional point of view, the "5 Variants" could end up being this year's "Hymn of Axciom."

I had not heard this composition before, so I listened to this last nite, and can better understand now where one could think highly of its potential. I liked the other compositions too I listened to. So, we'll see.

I believe the Blue Knights played "Five Variants" as their ballad in 2011.

I checked corpsreps, and indeed you're correct.

You're right. Unfortunately though, it is on average a 9-12 month process so I'm sure they've begun working on sync rights, as corps do every year but some may not work out.

Like I said before to truly program and have those rights set before picking alternatives, they would have to begin the design process much earlier than most corps do.

We can hope, but I think it's more likely that they are still in the process of working out sync rights.

It's really a ###### spot it puts these corps in, but unfortunately due to sites that gave allowed people to put up copyrighted material without permission like YouTube, Back in the day Napster, countless other sites and apps, people are more stingy on giving rights due to the loss of revenue they experienced, and in turn has caused issues with our beloved activity.

Perhaps corps will begin designing earlier to get these rights ( I bet many corps do), BUT that being said, I'm excited about the potential in this show.

Perhaps corps will begin designing earlier to get these rights ( I bet many corps do), BUT that being said, I'm excited about the potential in this show.

Agree on all points!

I believe the Blue Knights played "Five Variants" as their ballad in 2011.

Yup. One of my favorite shows by BK ever.

• Like 1