Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Ditto, excited to see what Boston does with the 5 Variants.

Going only on videos from last year, it nevertheless impressed upon me that BAC has a very full and controlled low-end sound. Such is what is needed to render a Vaughan-Williams selection its' due justice. The secret lies not in the melody, but in a rich and sustained bottom end...something which I sort of missed when perusing videos of BK in 2011. Maybe I was just being inordinately picky...but the total effect wasn't there. I have very high expectations that, this year, BAC will render a far more memorable performance...both in terms of GE and honest-to-God musical awareness and tonal completeness.

• Like 3

Castle State College. Super facility in a great Vermont town. Channel 3 (WCAX) or Chan 5 (WPTZ) in Burlington might be interested in doing a peice on the Crusaders. They are onto everything happening in the state.

The tv station had them on last year. They also did a show for the town as well.

it's time to start teaching crowds how to respond to Conquest

• Like 1

Heh. We did it one year when I was in high school. Being Indiana not many knew the response. We went to a show up at Chesterton and there was a band whose staff went NUTS when we opened and hollered the response loud enough that the GE judge mentioned it. We were all a bit confused until they explained the BAC connection. We tried getting our parents section to do it but it never caught on with them.

I think conquest will be at the start of the show.

I think the hope is that it will be arranged and performed well enough that the crowd won't have to be taught anything.

• Like 1

I think the hope is that it will be arranged and performed well enough that the crowd won't have to be taught anything.

True. I like it a lot when I'm not confused with a Corps music, theme, show. Its never fun to watch a Corps show performance and then say to yourself.. " well, it was performed well, but I have no idea what in Hades name the theme was all about and what their messaging was".

Who here thats been around DCI for more than 3 years hasn't watched at least a dozen Drum Corps and at the end, have no clue what the messaging from the Theme in the show was meant to convey to audiences ? My guess, if we're all honest here, all of us can think of at least a dozen shows.. themes.. where we didn't have a clue what the show was all about, or if we did, somebody had to " 'splain it " to us, as sure as heck that Corps failed to effectively communicate it to us through their performance alone. Like everybody else here, I hope Boston's theme for 2015 is clearly something most can understand. And thats not just my hope for Boston either. This is my hope for all the Corps for this season too. There are few things more frustrating for most fans than a Corps show theme messaging that goes right over one's silly little head.

Edited by BRASSO

True. I like it a lot when I'm not confused with a Corps music, theme, show. Its never fun to watch a Corps show performance and then say to yourself.. " well, it was performed well, but I have no idea what in Hades name the theme was all about and what their messaging was".

Who here thats been around DCI for more than 3 years hasn't watched at least a dozen Drum Corps and at the end, have no clue what the messaging from the Theme in the show was meant to convey to audiences ? My guess, if we're all honest here, all of us can think of at least a dozen shows.. themes.. where we didn't have a clue what the show was all about, or if we did, somebody had to " 'splain it " to us, as sure as heck that Corps failed to effectively communicate it to us through their performance alone. Like everybody else here, I hope Boston's theme for 2015 is clearly something most can understand. And thats not just my hope for Boston either. This is my hope for all the Corps for this season too. There are few things more frustrating for most fans than a Corps show theme messaging that goes right over one's silly little head.

It is not only the music but the drill and how well it fits together. It has in the past years. They will have more props to fit the show theme. New horns do not what type. I here they added some white to the uniforms. they also added to the fleet. Every thing going on the 4th week will be like no other 75th. Everyone is pushing to make it a great year for BAC 75th ( new building, tangle wood, foxborough, pops etc.)

It is not only the music but the drill and how well it fits together. It has in the past years. They will have more props to fit the show theme. New horns do not what type. I here they added some white to the uniforms. they also added to the fleet. Every thing going on the 4th week will be like no other 75th. Everyone is pushing to make it a great year for BAC 75th ( new building, tangle wood, foxborough, pops etc.)

And hopefully a top 7.