Cadets 2015

A big thank you to Hop for the early season video! I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I see no need to critique such a raw product. You're nuts if you can't see this corps' potential. I cannot wait to see this beast in August! #holynamerocks

Edited by wallace
  • Like 2

Well why don't you clarify yourself when you comment on another person's post, thereby eliminating any possible assumptions.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to Hopkins going full toilet bowl (again) with my "yuck" but I'll clarify in the future.

Edited by Cappybara

Wait, when has DCI ever been about whose MM's are most physically fit? I'd rather have corps members marching a la BD and be able to play at full volume (and not out of breath) than running their butts off to some crazy drill and have the sound/cleanliness of the drill suffer. And it's not like BD spends the whole show walking. Take their 2014 opener for example. Quite a bit of jazz running.

If they're physically fit and conditioned enough, they can run around the field and have sound like they're standing still. Some can certainly accomplish it. And if members aren't in shape enough to not be out of breath by Finals, something went wrong with the conditioning program.

• Like 1

r

She even gets in on the act by forming an X with her arms.

Cadets win GE with Beyonce:-)

Growing less excited about this show by the day. Seems as though the design team flies by the seat of their pants. Doesn't look like something I haven't seen from the Cadets before. Counting to ten in different languages; where is the entertainment value in that? Potential waste of a great percussion section this summer! Once again, great music, poorly conceived concept.

He said in that very periscope broadcast that the voice/counting for now is mostly an afterthought, that they'll work on that later. I'm sure that, and the transitions in and out of synth in Shost Mvt II, will be much refined. Not saying it will work and we'll love it -- but it'll change 10 times I'm sure.