Cadets 2015

Are you listening from iPhone?

Yes.

Not sure this is entirely legal in this thread, but I'm going to throw it out after having seen most of the Periscopes so far this pre-season....

... How much emotion can the design team pull from this program?

Granted... it can take multiple viewings for the goosebumps to show up on my arms, but I'm not sure I'm seeing how this idea will get to that point. What exactly is the 'power of ten'?

Let me be clear. This will no doubt be an technically proficient show. I'm just worried that other elements that figure into scoring might be lacking.

Or I may just need another gin and tonic.

I wondering if Shostakovich should have named his 10th symphony "The Anger in the Darkness" in order for you to feel emotion from it??

The Power of 10 can mean anything...

To me The show is about the Power of the 10 time world championship Cadets and that's about as much emotion as I'll ever need from a show ;)

• Like 1

Yes.

Flip your ringer switch on, that should fix it. (The switch on the left of your iphone)

Not sure this is entirely legal in this thread, but I'm going to throw it out after having seen most of the Periscopes so far this pre-season....

Granted... it can take multiple viewings for the goosebumps to show up on my arms, but I'm not sure I'm seeing how this idea will get to that point. What exactly is the 'power of ten'?

Let me be clear. This will no doubt be an technically proficient show. I'm just worried that other elements that figure into scoring might be lacking.

Dada was emotional? Looking through a glass darkly was emotional? I'm not sure why the ballad

Cadets are playing wouldn't be considered emotional? I'm not sure why frenzied energy and power would not have a positive effect on GE scores along with proficiency in all captions yielding high performance levels? For the past 7 years it was explained to me that BD wins because of design and performance. Honestly, with the exception of last season, some of their winning shows I hard got pulled into emotionally.

Crown 2013 I got pulled into but BD 2010, 2012 hmmm, no.

Edited by Tobias

A lot of people are saying "give them the benefit of the doubt, they'll fix it later." I'm sorry but the Cadets' design staff in the last 10 years doesn't have a good track record on that. The problems with props and narration in 2006, most of the 2008 show, the awkward movement and unclean placement of towers in 2013...

Hmmm, they medaled three of the past four years including one a gold medal. I giggle when people are "worried" about the Cadets design team. Edited by Tobias

Don't be concerned because it's early and they haven't figured out the synth yet? That would be fine, except for the fact that it's been 10 years and they haven't figured out narration yet.

Ba Da Bing !!!!!!

Outside of 2008, that just isn't true, of course IMO. They have had some wonderful use of narration.

• Like 2

Hmmm, they medaled three of the past four years including one a gold medal. I giggle when people are "worried" about the Cadets design team.

I'm not worried about their placement when I say I'm "worried" about the Cadets design team. I'm worried about my own personal enjoyment of the show.

• Like 1

Flip your ringer switch on, that should fix it. (The switch on the left of your iphone)

That worked. Thanks.

Are you listening from iPhone?

The video has been screwed up on my iPad, but works on the iPhone and Android.

I know what you mean, and it's not unlike what BoyWonder1911 said in the predictions thread. I guess my response is -- it's not that kind of show. The audience response to this show comes from the attitude, intensity, performance level, and just really great music/marching/spinning. And if you can get people to sometimes notice some pretty cool/interesting stuff going on in relation to 10, then that's a big bonus and something they want to do.

Think:

Cavaliers 2001 Four Corners

Cavaliers 2002 Frameworks

Cavaliers 2003 Spin Cycle

BD 2003 Phenomenon of Cool

BD 2004 Summertrain Blues Mix

to name a few.

• Like 2