Cadets 2015

Oh man, my high school marching band is playing Shosty 10 for our closer... and it's basically the same book as the Cadets right now. Mr. Bocook arranges our music. XD

Well MY local high school band is doing a show entitled "Five", so I guess they expect to be 1/2 as good as Cadets.

• Like 3

Should we be nice and ask the BDers and the Crownies to post the first part of last night's periscopes which caused good Gabe problems?

(Yes, we know they were watching, just saying.)

• Like 1

Should we be nice and ask the BDers and the Crownies to post the first part of last night's periscopes which caused good Gabe problems?

It's not working for anyone. Edited by DrumManTx

And why wouldn't they be?

For me, these Cadets Periscope videos are most cool when Hop takes a verbal break and lets us hear Colin and Gino rehearse the group.....it's a gas to see and hear how an efficient and productive rehearsal process moves forward....like a master class for band directors.

• Like 2

For me, these Cadets Periscope videos are most cool when Hop takes a verbal break and lets us hear Colin and Gino rehearse the group.....it's a gas to see and hear how an efficient and productive rehearsal process moves forward....like a master class for band directors.

I always tell people, especially directors and aspiring directors, that if they ever get a chance to watch Cadets, Crown, or the Blue Devils rehears they need to jump on it. Those corps in particular rehearse incredibly well (I'm sure there are others as well, but these three stand above the rest), but in slightly different ways...ways that clearly work for them. It's even more important for band students to see, as it's a shock to the system for most kids just how focused the members of those corps are, and just how invested they are in the rehearsal process.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

I always tell people, especially directors and aspiring directors, that if they ever get a chance to watch Cadets, Crown, or the Blue Devils rehears they need to jump on it. Those corps in particular rehearse incredibly well (I'm sure there are others as well, but these three stand above the rest), but in slightly different ways...ways that clearly work for them. It's even more important for band students to see, as it's a shock to the system for most kids just how focused the members of those corps are, and just how invested they are in the rehearsal process.

Exactly....talking to my son about his experience last summer with Cadets, it's like they get into a zen-like state where the focus and momentum is a totally shared and bonding experience for the members.....

• Like 1

I haven't had the opportunity to watch a BD rehearsal but I've gone to Cadets rehearsals during the day of a show when they're in NJ. You're correct, it's methodical, efficient and professional.