Carolina Crown 2015

This is beginning to get me all tingly inside.

• Like 3

Congrats Crown you guys are on FIRE

Great performance tonight Crown, as I am very happy for all the members and staff because you deserve it! Keep pushing yourself to the next level and create KAOS on Saturday.

K - Kick

A - As#

O - On

S - Saturday

A champion will be named in less than a week from now.

That is all!

• Like 1

Great performance tonight Crown, as I am very happy for all the members and staff because you deserve it! Keep pushing yourself to the next level and create KAOS on Saturday.

K - Kick

A - As#

O - On

S - Saturday

A champion will be named in less than a week from now.

That is all!

kick ### on saturday on saturday? had to.. hehe

• Like 1

It goes without saying that an elite caption head will bring a great staff with him. And SCV percussion, in the years right before Rennick showed up, was not good. They were 6th or below more than one year.

It's apples and oranges. Rennick moves the program from regiment to SCV. Angst wasn't in that position.

Unrelated yet fun fact: the first time Carolina Crown beat the Cadets head-to-head was July 12, 2008. :)

Don't agree that Crown just doesn't care about fielding a top notch drumline. They wouldn't have brought in Aungst if they didn't care. But, sometimes the legendary names don't pan out.

They obviously care and were willing to spend to bring in a big name. And there is some improvement. Let's remember that they finished 7th in drums last year (with some even lower subcaptions during championship week). Based on Atlanta and Allentown, they seem likely to finish 5th this year. Everyone agrees that the 4 programs above them are outstanding.

Also, for the record, Rennick went to SCV in 2011. Their percussion placements since were 4th, 4th, 3rd, 1st. Even bringing strong staff and players with him, it took some time to build a championship line.

Aungst obviously knows how to build and run a top program. Maybe people should give him a few years to see what he can build at Crown.

• Like 1

Keep this in mind about the drum line this year vs previous years:

The program this year is more demanding and more musical than last year's. While still not performing it at the level of the very top lines, the overall package is leaps and bounds better than last year's offering. I'd give the instructional and design staff at least another year or two to develop the talent before declaring it a failure.

They aren't SCV, Cadets or BD, but they ARE vastly better than the past few years. To me that is a sign of a program definitely headed in the right direction.

• Like 1