Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

Nothing else matters!

This isn't Teal Sound

• Like 1

Beat me to the punch, Terri. While not at the show, I was going to say that I've heard from my inside sources that there are a lot of changes being added into the show right now. Unconfirmed rumors also say there might be some more going in with a full rehearsal day today before San Antonio.

Agree with everything said above: if they can clean it, they will continue to be a strong contender for a finals spot this season.

My hype train is still rolling, and as previously stated, will continue to roll all the way to Indy. Love my corps. Get 'em Troop!

Philosophical question - assuming there is enough to do either - is it better to add changes a few at a time & clean as you go, or add a bunch at once & clean later?

Beat me to the punch, Terri. While not at the show, I was going to say that I've heard from my inside sources that there are a lot of changes being added into the show right now. Unconfirmed rumors also say there might be some more going in with a full rehearsal day today before San Antonio.

Agree with everything said above: if they can clean it, they will continue to be a strong contender for a finals spot this season.

My hype train is still rolling, and as previously stated, will continue to roll all the way to Indy. Love my corps. Get 'em Troop!

Hype can't clean feet, and neither can Troop staff, apparently.

Philosophical question - assuming there is enough to do either - is it better to add changes a few at a time & clean as you go, or add a bunch at once & clean later?

If you have a great slot for San Antonio, it might be crazy like a fox to make all your changes at once and still score in the hunt for finals.

If you have a great slot for San Antonio, it might be crazy like a fox to make all your changes at once and still score in the hunt for finals.

Eight shows in 10 days with a gain of 1.2 in score might indicate either the crazy like a fox part or that visually there is a disconnect somewhere. The recaps support the latter.

DearTroop, hear are three suggestions that should help for the rest of the season.

1. Clean the drill.

2. Record the ballad vocals and auto tune them. Do you get more points for live?

3. Clean the drill.

I wish you the best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Oh... Clean the drill.

DearTroop, hear are three suggestions that should help for the rest of the season.

1. Clean the drill.

2. Record the ballad vocals and auto tune them. Do you get more points for live?

3. Clean the drill.

I wish you the best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Oh... Clean the drill.

The drill is only a small part of their issues. These members have not been taught proper marching technique. You can hear the feet in their sound very clearly. They need to learn the basics first.

• Like 1

You may be right. If this is the case, shame on the staff.

• Like 1

The drill is only a small part of their issues. These members have not been taught proper marching technique. You can hear the feet in their sound very clearly. They need to learn the basics first.

If true (I'm not slamming you - I just have not had the opportunity to observe for myself) this is disturbing. I remember the Troopers of the Jones era - back when they supposedly tied their feet together w/ yarn to practice company fronts. If anyone's yarn broke it was 'run it again' until everyone was perfect. If nothing else (small corps, low music execution scores, etc), at least they were clean visually.

So, the mere idea that Troopers may not have a solid hand on visual basics is most disturbing.

I made a comment earlier in season (concerning the vocals (I think)) that Jones would be spinning in his grave if he knew. My comment was not appreciated by some on this illustrious site. However, lack of proper marching technique in his beloved Corps could indeed cause this seismic event.