The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

I made it to the 1:32 mark.  Yep, Hee Haw is as annoying as I remember.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

"Play That Country Tuba".  Why is it that I've never heard this tune? So much potential for the Troopers or other daring corps?  Wonder how @Hook'emCavies would feel about a Cavies production?  🤠🫢

Funny enough, a buddy of mine sent this to me a couple of days ago.

Go Texan Day is on Friday btw lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they're gonna go Hee Haw, go the full route.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2024 at 6:59 AM, LabMaster said:

Boston included Steely Dan’s “Kid Charlemagne” in their repertoire  (a few times) years ago.  At no time did they play it though.

I worked with Omar in Nashville around the time he produced Aja. This makes me feel even more strongly that someone should do a Steely Dan program.

Perhaps Regiment could do an interesting take on “A Night in The Museum” ala the ‘78-“79 WGI Rockford Hall of Arts?

Or not.

Edited by Sutasaurus

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I attended a clinic with Frank Ticheli today, and this tune was rehearsed. The ending is the drum corpsiest thing that ever drum corps'd.

As Gerry Shellmer might have said, "That Frankie kid has a heavy pen."

I particularly like that Ticheli is confident enough to end a "modern" piece with a Major Triad. How bold, to give the tritone a rest.

• Like 3

This piece would be marvelous as either an opener or ballad. It has everything - soloist, brass build, resolution. The way it’s written just matches perfectly to what you would love to hear on the field. 

In particular, Phantom Regiment following up on their Band of Brothers opener from 2010, and bringing this piece to the field. 

Edited by Dmlkmen

Would love to hear a Crown baris and tubas play this part.  The whole work has crazy counterpoint.  I'll bet a lot of contemporary listeners found it a bit jolting lol.  Especially the last few bars. That Mozart guy was pretty good. 

Edited by Lance