The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

On 12/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, xandandl said:

Cavaliers did Rutter for several seasons in the '90's.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:56 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I would agree. My personal opinion would be to lean to the more "contemporary" choral writers. Rutter could translate very well and has a VAST grouping of works. Shaw might be a little "bland" for the field. When I read this my mind went to Whitacre almost immediately. I would be interested to see how "Leonardo dreams of his flying machine" could be scored for brass and percussion. It could certainly lead to some really creative guard moments. 

...and check SCV 2012 and BDB 2016 for "Leonardo..."

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jazz Spanish British For the love of God, wont someone PLEASE play something different than the usual over arranged symphonic drivel that every Corps is playing???

How old are you? I’m going to assume 60+ based upon your postings.  “and...cleavage.” Really? You do know the age of the women who march, right? That’s downright gross on your part. Ewwwwww

Seriously good idea. Drum Corps is totally too over intellectual. There's simply no way to market Drum Corps to the masses. One of many reasons DC has died is the music, drills, and theatrical element

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tedrick said:

when drum corps is gone - we have choral

Very true lol. Choral music was my first love. I had a voice teacher in college named Lynn Holdalski. She told me once that I had more natural talent than anyone she knew, but the work ethic of a slug. I'm pretty sure that was my music career summed up lol.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 2