He may also mean that it's "unrecognizable" as in "unrecognizable as a musical melodic structure". Similar to how people complained that BD didn't play much "recognizable music" between '09-12, just a bunch of stuff hodge-podged together.

BD 2011 had plenty melody. It's their most melodic show in years. Really the only two BD shows that didn't have a recognizable and consistent melody was 2010 and 2012.

Edited by Cappybara

In my opinion, it's better for corps to start the season with too much going on and get rid of or modify things as it progresses, than to start out bare-bones and keep adding stuff and making changes from there that people (and judges) may or may not like. The latter is a mistake Carolina Crown made in 2010, and it cost them a medal. I hope the Bluecoats can find ways to tone down some of the sound effects. Many of them are good, and some are great, but some (like the talking during the drum feature) are just annoying.

My hope for the DCP community is that they will leave these divisive first impressions of the Bluecoats behind and move forward with the already awesome 2015 season. Remember, there's still a long way to go before it's over!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

In my opinion, it's better for corps to start the season with too much going on and get rid of or modify things as it progresses, than to start out bare-bones and keep adding stuff and making changes from there that people (and judges) may or may not like. The latter is a mistake Carolina Crown made in 2010, and it cost them a medal. I hope the Bluecoats can find ways to tone down some of the sound effects. Many of them are good, and some are great, but some (like the talking during the drum feature) are just annoying.

My hope for the DCP community is that they will leave these divisive first impressions of the Bluecoats behind and move forward with the already awesome 2015 season. Remember, there's still a long way to go before it's over!

Same mistake Cadets made last year.

Thank you. I think a lot of people haven't realized who won the show last night. This isn't to say that Bluecoats won't win, nor is it to take away from how good their show is (according to the people who have seen it; I haven't seen it), but until they do win a show, I am not going to count any chickens before they hatch.

yup.

I know people have thrown the star 93 game changer stuff out there...and remember...who won in 93?

• Like 1

That's only half an answer. Lots of bad things in the world may never go away, but that doesn't make them good.

Yea like pioneer.

I'm enjoying reading all of the comments based on last night's theater experience...both those that loved it and those that did not.

I do urge ALL on both sides to SEE IT LIVE!!! While last night's big screen event gave viewers a taste of Kinetic Noise you really can't experience it unless you're THERE. (True of all corps, but I think especially of this show.)

The 'Coats achievement with this type of show is no accident. MUCH planning and hours of specific rehearsal/performance goals have gone into this. The corps has a staff, designers and instructors that at dedicated to doing it right! (Including having the head of sound for Cirque Du Soleil, who marched 'Coats 20 years ago, in for some of the days at spring training.)

A reminder you can see the show this Saturday at the University of Akron's Infocision Stadium.

• Like 1

Really uncalled for.

I had full understanding of the magnitude of that comment but hey let's just be honest.

WOAH! DUDE!!!

I'm fully prepared for the aftermath of this.
  • Like 1