SCV 2015

• 2 weeks later...

What are your initial impressions of brass? Can they compete with BD; Crown; Cadets in brass?

The clips publicly available (e.g. the Birthday anniversary dinner) does not portray that certainty.

Granted poor indoor acoustics but the writing and performance does not seem to equal what has been so far been made public by Crown and Cadets who are both quite tasty and difficult.

BD hasn't gotten a listen to as yet.

I don't really like speculating about where anyone is going to finish really until corps start meeting at regionals and stuff. I barely even like predicting anything before I can hear them live. I think that's probably the percussionist in me, though. It's way easier to hear ticks in person than from a youtube video or whatever.

SCV will be good like they always are. I don't know if it's going to be "their year," especially with BD basically monopolizing first place. But I suppose we'll see.

Anyone know why Shaw did a new arrangement of "Send in the Clowns?"

There are (or were?) rumors that the new version of Clowns was meant to be used in a show, either 2013 or 14.

Two SCV 2015 threads currently posting. Moderators, please merge. Thank you.

Just stop using one of them... Simple solution. The other one only has 2 pages.

• Like 1

Or just mention the Indiana law in one of the threads. That'll be sure to get it closed down. :bleah: :bleah: :bleah:

Sounds like a new corollary to Godwin's Law.

Any word on whether SCV is keeping the same uniforms from last year?

Sounds like a new corollary to Godwin's Law.

Any word on whether SCV is keeping the same uniforms from last year?

The show theme sounds like something that would lend itself to something a little more sleek and modern, last years looked very show specific to me. But what do I know. :P