Ond Flatulent-Person Complaint

:withstupid:

What makes him stupid? For thinking people in the larger world don't get or care about the difference between band and drum corps, or is the exposure on a national stage not worth it because they were labeled wrong?

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 1

What makes him stupid? For thinking people in the larger world don't get or care about the difference between band and drum corps, or is the exposure on a national stage not worth it because they were labeled wrong?

Is this satire? Jeff clearly agrees with Lincoln and with you.

Edit about my word "clearly": searching around on some usage forums, I see that there is some disagreement about the phrase "I'm with stupid". I have understood it to be an ironically positive statement, but it appears that many people read it as negative.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Here's the thing, no one cares if it's called band or corpse.

• Like 1

Here's the thing, who the hell cares if it's called band or corpse.

Here's the thing, no one cares if it's called band or corpse.

Totally agree. The distinction is trivial and does nothing but hurt the activity. Here we have people commenting on YouTube about how cool these "bands" are and we have a bajillion rabid, elitist DCI fans who bash the common man for calling them a band. If DCI wants to appeal to the masses, the core fan base needs to drop the elitist attitude. I think the name "corps" itself should be continued to be used, but attacking someone for calling it that is stupid.

• Like 1

Is this satire? Jeff clearly agrees with Lincoln and with you.

Edit about my word "clearly": searching around on some usage forums, I see that there is some disagreement about the phrase "I'm with stupid". I have understood it to be an ironically positive statement, but it appears that many people read it as negative.

I have always been confused by the "I'm with Stupid" sign. Is it a means of agreement that maintains a humble level of self-derision or is it a satirical way of calling something stupid by pretending to agree with it?

I have always been confused by the "I'm with Stupid" sign. Is it a means of agreement that maintains a humble level of self-derision or is it a satirical way of calling something stupid by pretending to agree with it?

Yes.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

• Like 1

Disagree. I may not care if a corps is called a band but I don't think a corps or a band should be called a corpse.

And all I know for sure is, a corpse doesn't call either of them anything.